Help understanding pivoting and port forwarding

Hi, I hope it is ok to post this here as I cant find much help anywhere else:

I am trying to learn about pivoting/port forwarding and how to take full advantage of it. If I am connected to a network with the ip 192.168.0.10 and can see that 192.168.0.11 has access to a website hosted on 10.10.10.10 I am able to gain access to the webpage using meterpreter by doing:

meterpreter> run autoroute -s 10.10.10.0/24
meterpreter> run portfwd add -l 8080 -p 80 -r 192.168.0.11

and then localhost:8080 in a web browser. From here I can use meterpreters TCP scanners to see there are other machines on the 10 network.

My question is, how can I then attempt to gain access to another machine, say brute force 10.10.10.11 ssh port?

Also in an effort to gain a better understanding of what metesploit is doing, how could I also achieve this setup with proxychains? and would this allow me to use the kali tools on my host: 192.168.0.10 directly on the target network 10 network?

Thanks

I made a video explaining port forwarding that might help (its not using meterpreter, but all the same concepts apply). I will say from your description it sounds like maybe you’re slightly misunderstanding what port forwarding does or what it is used for. Hopefully the video clears things up a bit but let me know if not

Hi, thanks for the reply. Your video helped.