Bashed! :(

I successfully own user's hash in bashed, literally easy. but can't able to find out how to own root.. Any hint's own that? maybe i have to do XSS attack on the port where i found the user's hash? am i on right track? if yes then i can't able to figure out how to do that? i am really struggling with that from a long time.. Thanks and you can also PM me to avoid Spoiler

Tagged:

Comments

• wrong way. Check basic linux privilegie escalation

r2d2

• It is something related to cronjobs

• Miles off defo not XSS, look closer to home, understand what kind of shell you have, do you need a different kind of shell or is the one you have ok, understand the file system structure and privileges, enumeration of the system and understanding is a very big key.

Hack The Box

• Hello all :)

I'm struggling with the finally not so easy privesc on this box. I think I'm getting closed and I would like some advice. May I PM someone?

happy holidays by the way. :)

Hack The Box_Yavellion

• Yavellion PM me

Hack The Box

• edited December 2017

Got user.txt - easy. * Spoilers Removed *

Hack The Box

• edited December 2017

i saw a certain Spoilers Removed.. but dont see how its exploitable

fhlipZero

• edited December 2017

so having got this now (and sorry for spoilers before) - dont over think this, the thing at the place that stands out, the answer is there - :cold_sweat:

fhlipZero

• @Deebee , Finally rooted the box yesterday but still have questions I sent you. :)

Hack The Box_Yavellion

• Hey, can someone pm me? I am not familiar with _________ __________ happy holidays!

• edited December 2017

nvm sorted it

Hack The Box

• Hey, guys, i still cannot get root flag. any more hint ?

• edited February 2018
    This might help you

5afe

• @5afe said:
    This might help you

sorry, i dont get your point

• @5afe said:
    This might help you

haha perfect hints for newbies who stucked there ;)

• @Onebladekh said:
    Hey, guys, i still cannot get root flag. any more hint ?

you can PM me!

• Anyone that needs some help on Bashed is welcome to PM me as well! This box took me way to long to figure out as a newbie because i didn't really understand the specific linux process behind this lol

Kwicster

• same here. so thankful for what htb provides

Arrexel

Sign In to comment.