OPENVPN ERROR

edited March 27 in VPN Connection

Hello, I haven't used HTB in the last few days and after trying to connect today I got an error. Was wondering if anyone could help me out?

RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 add_route_ipv6(dead:beef::/64 -> dead:beef:2::1 metric -1) dev tun1
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 /sbin/ip -6 route add dead:beef::/64 dev tun1
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 ERROR: Linux route -6/-A inet6 add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Fri Mar 27 01:32:12 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

For further confirmation I tried downloading a new connection pack and regenerated my keys to no avail. I am running OPENVPN as root. I'm new to networking and could use a hand, thanks! Also hope everyone is staying safe through these hard times. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Just remembered I recently changed my VM settings from NAT to Bridged to try out some wifi hacking I recently learned. I was having an issue finding connections on the new USB Adapter I purchased and switched to Bridged. Just throwing that out there in case that's the issue? Thanks!

• SOLVED

• what did you do to solve it?

• I have been having a lot of trouble with the openvpn timing out for the past 4 days or so. Its taking a very long time to connect and sometimes never. I reset my pack a few times. Sometimes it connects. Anyone else having this issue?

• @RJH4kx what did you do to solve it?? can you please tell us?

Sign In to comment.