[Mobile] Cat

edited March 2020 in Challenges

hi everyone, im really mobile noob and got stuck on this challenge
open given file and look at all but i cant find anything

anyone can help?


Hack The Box

You can pm me on discord sh4d0wless#6154

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • edited March 2020

    omg really cool challenge like osint :D got it
    pm me for any nudge :)

    thanks @gh0stm5n


    Hack The Box

    You can pm me on discord sh4d0wless#6154

  • It is meant to be an easy challenge. Nice you found it. Congrats!

  • Excellent challenge!

  • Nice challenge !!!
    Don't over thinking !!!!!

  • Easy but funny and really nice challange!
    Like it!

    DM for hints :)

  • Totally new to android. Can someone tell me how to open an AB file?

  • Type your comment> @Y0urM4m4 said:

    Totally new to android. Can someone tell me how to open an AB file?

    Just google it ;)

  • Yeah, very easy challenge. Don’t need to overthink this, google is your friend for knowing how to get what you want from the file.

    Hack The Box

  • That was a nice easy one!
    Quick google was all that was needed

    Sharktank

  • I like cats!

    limbernie
    Write-ups | Discord - limbernie#0386

  • How to know if the image was mounted?

  • Really cool challenge and super easy. Never had previously worked with mobile but only took me 10 mins. PM for a nudge

    GotRoot
    If I helped you out at all, feel free to click my badge and give +1 respect!

  • Love OSINT XD

  • Unbelievable... I guess I was used to more difficult boxes and challenges, I spend far too much time diving in each rabbit hole there was haha. Though I think "fredhond" would agree with me that I should not go to deep.

    Though I know android packages and databases in depth now :smiley:
    Thanks @gh0stm5n ;)

    Hack The Box

  • got it, feel free to PM me

    m4nu

    Valiant, nothing is impossible.
    Lock by lock and one after the other is the key. You cannot open door number 9 until you have unlocked number 8.

  • I must be really dumb... i have inspected each and every single file in that package, i have found nothing looking like an HTB flag anywhere, can i have a hint ?!?

    lebutter
    eCPPT | OSCP

  • .... ok... just got it >_<

    lebutter
    eCPPT | OSCP

  • edited May 2020

    Type your comment> @Sharpe said:

    Unbelievable... I guess I was used to more difficult boxes and challenges, I spend far too much time diving in each rabbit hole there was haha. Though I think "fredhond" would agree with me that I should not go to deep.

    Though I know android packages and databases in depth now :smiley:
    Thanks @gh0stm5n ;)

    Same here, I've just completed it now, I haven't submitted the flag yet as I download a whole section first onto my SSD and work through them before submitting the flags in one go. I definitely agree that "Fred" wouldn't want others going too* deeply on this. I wouldn't suggest anyone "emailing" him either lol.

    *=edit - too from to

  • Mail address was already removed when I submitted it.... (mail > /dev/null).

  • Type your comment> @gh0stm5n said:

    Mail address was already removed when I submitted it.... (mail > /dev/null).

    It's still there, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone else but look under the directory where android stores contacts.

  • Yes it is there in the challenge. I mean that I remove the gmail account from google.

  • Hi, I found the flag but it keeps saying that its incorrect, can anybody help?

  • Type your comment> @H8des said:

    Hi, I found the flag but it keeps saying that its incorrect, can anybody help?

    where you find it.

  • Type your comment> @ma24th said:

    Type your comment> @H8des said:

    Hi, I found the flag but it keeps saying that its incorrect, can anybody help?

    where you find it.

    I got it, was just a question of syntax.

  • Hello, I've got some troubles to restore backup. Is it possible to have a nudge in pm or something? Thank you

  • I got a .sec*** file is that correct coz i am stuck after that

    s1lv3rst4r

  • a nice starting challenge for mobile, getting to know the structure of the file system and using programs.. also looking at cats

    crysal

  • I got the files but the flag is nowhere to be found. I could really use your nudge.

    Hack The Box

  • edited July 2020

    The challenge is really awesome...learnt many things.Nice start for mobile.

    PM me for a nudge

    Hack The Box

Sign In to comment.