I´ve already installed the openvpn but can´t use openvpn An1ratak.ovpn on the terminal

it gives an error message, any help please
also i´m a noob so try to explain in the easier way possible, thanks

Comments

• Have you tried to use sudo ?
    sudo openvpn An1ratak.ovpn

• Type your comment> @Spac3G0at said:

Have you tried to use sudo ?
    sudo openvpn An1ratak.ovpn

Not working either

• More info about the error message.

• Type your comment> @ion21 said:

More info about the error message.

Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: An1ratak.ovpn
    Use --help for more information.

• Maybe the problem is that I havn´t installed openvpn correctly, in case that´s it how should I do it, to install it correctly?

• Maybe you just don't know where your .ovpn file has been put? You probably use Kali linux, if that's true, you don't need to use sudo. How did you install openvpn?

Maybe you just don't know where your .ovpn file has been put? You probably use Kali linux, if that's true, you don't need to use sudo. How did you install openvpn?

I did it like this because i saw someone saying to do this, don´t know if it´s correct.
    apt install openvpn

• I assume that you're using firefox and you haven't touched that .ovpn file since you downloaded it. If that's the case, use openvpn ~/Downloads/An1ratak.ovpn

I assume that you're using firefox and you haven't touched that .ovpn file since you downloaded it. If that's the case, use openvpn ~/Downloads/An1ratak.ovpn

It´s giving me the same error message

• @ion21 said:
    I assume that you're using firefox and you haven't touched that .ovpn file since you downloaded it. If that's the case, use openvpn ~/Downloads/An1ratak.ovpn

Is there any other way to install openvpn besides the way I told you I did?

• Type your comment> @An1ratak said:

Type your comment> @ion21 said:

Um. Alright, you might wanna try adding --config. I.e openvpn --config "your ovpn file"

@ion21 said:

Using apt is common way to do that and usually works fine.

Type your comment> @An1ratak said:

Um. Alright, you might wanna try adding --config. I.e openvpn --config "your ovpn file"

It is doing something I don´t know what it is, it ends with
    Sun Mar 15 08:52:43 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed
    should i wait or do something else?

• @ion21 said:

@ion21 said:

Using apt is common way to do that and usually works fine.

Is there a way of knowing if it´s all set up?

• @An1ratak said:

You are done.

Initialization Sequence Completed usually means everything's fine. You should try testing if your connection works. Pick one hackthebox machine and see if you can connect and work on it.

Initialization Sequence Completed usually means everything's fine. You should try testing if your connection works. Pick one hackthebox machine and see if you can connect and work on it.

Ok so I can ctrl C and try it out?

If you CTRL-C it you break the connection. Openvpn should always be running until you are done with hackthebox.

If you CTRL-C it you break the connection. Openvpn should always be running until you are done with hackthebox.

Ok thank you

Sign In to comment.