Fatty

Round two since there were some server issues the first time around.

Really looking forward to this machine, even though I’m positive it is going to be a doozy. Good luck everyone! :smile:

… and … Hrm, box indicated as up, but pings return destination unreachable. Before we all go crazy with blind nmap rage would this be considered part of the Insane-ity? :slight_smile:

Or it’s just down for us-vip-3.

eu-vip 12 also no response to ping …hm

Unless this requires a “knock” to open ports I think the VM is dead.

Interesting. Reloaded active machines status page, now saw a “play” button, clicked that and got a red “Machine not found” error message.

I’m assuming some technical issue with deploying Fatty. No worries.

From Discord #announcements:

HTB Staff are aware of the issues with the new box(fatty) please be patient.

From discord:

g0blinToday at 8:14 PM
Heads up, new box Fatty is currently not functioning across all labs. I’m travelling atm but will look in to it ASAP. The release may be delayed until tomorrow, as I don’t want to rush a fix after a day of travel.

unable to start the box on eu vip 19. Just says machine not found

Let’s wait for tomorrow

Please read the discussion description everyone!

If Patents has a difficulty rating of 7.9/10, I can’t imagine Fatty having a difficulty rating of 10/10. Must be real insane.

@limbernie said:

If Patents has a difficulty rating of 7.9/10, I can’t imagine Fatty having a difficulty rating of 10/10. Must be real insane.

I agree. I think I am going to wait until this one retires :smile: RE was hard enough!

Rereleasing at the normal time tonight, everyone ready?

Spoiler Removed

Well, if Im being able to access to the console already there should be ppl close to claim user :stuck_out_tongue:

Spoiler Removed

Well. 50pts for a reason.

Update: “Wonky” would describe this client pretty well, I think.

Update #2: TIL how to decompile a jar file… Is it a rabbit hole to think we need to alter this (if possible or is signing an issue?) to work around some things? Still don’t see how commands/messages are formatted/encoded/etc to or from server. Curious to see that.

So far this box seems really good. Congrats to @jkr on root!

Edit: Feels very close to user. I’m missing something…

I haven’t got user yet, but I’m enjoying this VERY MUCH so far.

Update: got user now :slight_smile: awesome box

I am enjoying it too. I got completely sucked into it yesterday after having thought “Ugh. Java client.” No idea wtf I’m doing, but I’m having fun doing it.

I just got a shell and cannot read user.txt despite I can run other commands, what a trolling machine hehe

nvm got user.txt, on to root!

Edit: and rooted.