Challenge: Kryptic Ransomware

Comments

• This challenge has so many rabbit holes, i can't even begin to count them. And i think i fell for them all. Since you have to enter coordinates, you'll find them literally everywhere. As a hint for the ones lost:
    The zoom level on google maps is not important when solving the challenge.

Shout out to CyberSecNV, who pulled me out of quite a few pits.

Countably

I am always happy to help, but please put some effort into your questions. I won't reply to "I am stuck on machine XXX" messages.

• edited March 6

Spoiler Removed

• I found some cords and getting the "Sattelite is repositioning..." alert. Looking at the source, it's a catch-all error to the decryption. Can I DM someone with my findings to confirm I'm on the right path and it's not something on my machine.

• edited March 7

(wrong channel ...deleted)

• edited March 23

all related account and platform checked, still no idea...

• Can someone PM to verify if I'm going on the right path?

• I'd appreciate some guidance on this, if someone can spare the time - having read a social media feed, I've found 2 locations for an event (in the same city); one co-ord gives me "None found", the other gives me "Repositioning".

I thought I was on the right track, and started fiddling around with the JS, before remembering this is an OSINT challenge not a "mucking about with code" challenge. Am I on the threshold of a deep rabbit hole?

• Hi guys! I'm quite stuck on this one. I did the logical first step which gave me the protonmail. After trying to find additional info on the leader (which everyone seems to have found), I haven't been able to find anything at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! DM me if possible

• Type your comment> @notseelan said:

Hi guys! I'm quite stuck on this one. I did the logical first step which gave me the protonmail. After trying to find additional info on the leader (which everyone seems to have found), I haven't been able to find anything at all.

Me too, Did you find any clue ? or that event ?!

Drxxx
    I wouldn't mind some +respect if I helped you ;)

• Type your comment> @Drxxx said:

Type your comment> @notseelan said:

Hi guys! I'm quite stuck on this one. I did the logical first step which gave me the protonmail. After trying to find additional info on the leader (which everyone seems to have found), I haven't been able to find anything at all.

+1

godylocks
    If my hint has been helpful, a +Respect would be greatly appreciated

• edited April 4

Type your comment> @Matgro said:

Type your comment> @Drxxx said:

+1

Thanks to @ZloyObezyan

My hint to you is:
    site:"Find your inspiration."

godylocks
    If my hint has been helpful, a +Respect would be greatly appreciated

• Type your comment> @Matgro said:

Type your comment> @Matgro said:

Type your comment> @Drxxx said:

+1

Thanks to @ZloyObezyan

My hint to you is:
    site:"Find your inspiration."

Thank you and special thanks for @ZloyObezyan and @Hellburpp for their nudge

Drxxx
    I wouldn't mind some +respect if I helped you ;)

• I think there are enough tips on the forum to solve this challenge. The only thing that kept me banging my head against the wall over and over was a tiny silly thing: sometimes, some search engines are case sensitive .... XD

Sociaslkas

• Can anyone confirm if this is still working? I followed the lead and spoke to the bird. Found a link but coming up 'blank'?? Am I in the right place?

Going Full Caveman during isolation. No shaving any hair for the duration.

• Type your comment> @M3rlin said:

Can anyone confirm if this is still working? I followed the lead and spoke to the bird. Found a link but coming up 'blank'?? Am I in the right place?

The challenge is not broken. Still working

Hellburpp

• Ok thanks. Guess I'm in a rabbit hole then.

Going Full Caveman during isolation. No shaving any hair for the duration.

• Check everything the bird is telling you, and follow all leads....

@M3rlin said:
    Ok thanks. Guess I'm in a rabbit hole then.

• is that pr***nmail address useful to find the tweets?? I can't find anything with it.

• edited April 11

virtualgoth
    OSCP | Cert II IT

• Really interesting challenge...

Hint: It is better if you ask the bird directly...

• Someone Help finishing the challenging

Ja4V8s28Ck
    Nothing is an Accident, It's Just a part of Destiny

• Oufff, got it, great challenge

m4nu

Valiant, nothing is impossible.
    Lock by lock and one after the other is the key. You cannot open door number 9 until you have unlocked number 8.

• Can someone ping me about this challenge and let me know if I am on the right track? I feel like I'm going crazy.

v3r1t4s06

• Type your comment> @stevenvegar said:

Really interesting challenge...

Hint: It is better if you ask the bird directly...

I feel myself a crazy... what's mean ask to bird?

• I found f**m.com site the was text from index.html file.
    I found address by whois and try found coords by IP.
    If I use geolocation I get different address, if I use google I get location but it changes if I change scale than location change too.
    When I check found location on index.html I get Satellite is repositioning or None was found at that location.
    Was it rabbit hole from my first step?

• Hi all, thanks for trying my challenge. The challenge was broken for a short period of time, so if you couldn't solve it maybe you should try again. Thanks!

• edited May 6

stuck on this challenge; found the t*****r and the f****r but not sure if L***ess f*****in is a red herring or if its actually Cy****s

anyone give some help? : //

• solved :) overlooked a very simple thing and over thought the solution. actually a very easy challenge if you take the paths of least resistance. listen to the bird and the cat, pay attention to handles, make sure you download the right files : D

• many rabbit holes as others said. if got "Sattelite is repositioning", maybe you need look at another path. DM me if you a nudge.

• edited May 7

Hi there. Found the e-mail but can't get to the coords. The event coords are no good and I've found dozens of pics by the handle but have no idea about the cat. Can anyone give me a hint?

Sign In to comment.