Beginner and Calimity machine

Hi to everyone! I'm new and i'm really n00b. I don't know anything about hacking tecniques, i'm just trying to learning it (and i'm not so good). Actually i had started about 2 weeks ago with my first pen machine test on vulnhub and today i'm trying to penetrate the first "easy" machine here on HTB. I'm trying to penetrate "Calimity" machine but i can't find the password for ssh (i've just find the main.php file that could help me... i think... but i don't know how). I don't know how could i go on :( Please, could anyone help me or just give me some tips?
Thank you guys! xx

Comments

• Calamity isn't the best machine to start, I think. Try Blue, Mirai and Shocker first.

zelsonm1

• @zelsonm1 is right, there are easier machines to start than this, just check the user owns of Calamity and compare it with the root owns DD:

Puerkito66

• Calamity is arguably the hardest machine on HTB - as far as root, anyways. There are much much easier ones to start with like others have said. Try Shocker. Try Blue. Try Mirai. Try Blocky.. Try Fulcrum.... (trollface.jpg)

likwidsec

• Thank you guys! But if i'll need a tip how could i see the solution? Because i can't find anything on the web (as the policy asks)...

• only way is to wait for the box to retire off the list, might be best to go through some of the retired boxes and ippsec vids to get a feel for what youre in for. will cost for VIP but very worth it

fhlipZero

• Hey guys, I've been in Calamity for three days now, just to "trigger" something...Amazing experience! Now, I have triggered that "something" and I am know dealing with ROP. My head is about to explode.....

Sociaslkas

• starting with calamity is not good idea if u are starting. start with Blue

Shivarth