Obscurity

Medium difficulty, less than 24 hours to go, let's get this thing started. Any thoughts on what this box may bring?

Comments

• My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can't wait!!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

• @c1cada said:

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can't wait!!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

You can assign the difficulty, but I imagine they change it if they disagree.

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • 👍

Awesome! Looking forward to giving it a try! New HTB machine days are always good days.

• Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it
  • Type your comment> @nirodha42 said:

Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it

Popping boxes while buzzed/wasted is just good fun. :)

• ~ 2.5 hours to go!!!

• Control was quite easy if you ask me.. Lets see what this brings..

0byte

• Type your comment> @0byte said:

Control was quite easy if you ask me.. Lets see what this brings..

Thanks for your help! I just have very limited experience with windows machines. This one should be more comfortable. We shall see.

• ch4ch4
    edited November 2019
    Lets stick to subject.. 🙈

0byte

• port 80 closed this is planned?

• I think so ;)

• Higher ports seem open though

Please send respect if I helped you out
    Discord: east_west#9811

• i am stuck on find 's***** d********** dir'

• edited December 2019

edited

Please send respect if I helped you out
    Discord: east_west#9811

• edited November 2019

• Anyone on the shell step?

zaBogdan

If you need help with the boxes, pm me on Discord, zaBogdan#3458, I always forget to respond on form

• Spoiler Removed

• @rholas pm if you need help on the second step

zaBogdan

If you need help with the boxes, pm me on Discord, zaBogdan#3458, I always forget to respond on form

• Someone got the shell???

zaBogdan

• when i changed my browsers proxy settings, 80 port opened but with 404 eror. Any hint?

• Yeah i'm stuck afraid to admit. Any hints on initial ? I haven't found anything particularly juicy

S1ph1lys

We are the things that were and shall be again

• :) @clubby789 , I hate you (in a good way tho... lol). Great box! :)

• well, text of 404 error on port 80 seems wierd coz its parsing whole url as a doc name, but i dont know what to do with it. any hints?
  • rooted, very straightforward box..

• :)

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

I enjoyed this very much, thank you @clubby789! But I think misclassified, it's one of the easiest ones currently available.

• @idomino said:

I enjoyed this very much, thank you @clubby789! But I think misclassified, it's one of the easiest ones currently available.

I may have misset permissions at a particular point ;).

clubby789

• GCIH
  • Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

@idomino said:

I may have misset permissions at a particular point ;).

lol I know what you mean. Not having that knowledge would have made it definitely harder :D

• Type your comment> @HumanFlyBzzzz said:

Yeah i'm stuck afraid to admit. Any hints on initial ? I haven't found anything particularly juicy

same here, I only know whats on the main webpage and my gobuster scans aren't working

• Thx @s0clyst , looks interesting. I'm turning in for tonight, had one too many drinks. Don't drink and hack kids lol

S1ph1lys

We are the things that were and shall be again

Sign In to comment.