Obscurity

Medium difficulty, less than 24 hours to go, let's get this thing started. Any thoughts on what this box may bring?

Comments

• My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can't wait!!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

• @c1cada said:

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can't wait!!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

You can assign the difficulty, but I imagine they change it if they disagree.

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • 👍

Awesome! Looking forward to giving it a try! New HTB machine days are always good days.

• Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it
  • Type your comment> @nirodha42 said:

Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it

Popping boxes while buzzed/wasted is just good fun. :)

• ~ 2.5 hours to go!!!

• Control was quite easy if you ask me.. Lets see what this brings..

0byte

• Type your comment> @0byte said:

Control was quite easy if you ask me.. Lets see what this brings..

Thanks for your help! I just have very limited experience with windows machines. This one should be more comfortable. We shall see.

• edited November 30
    Lets stick to subject.. 🙈

0byte

• port 80 closed this is planned?

• I think so ;)

• Higher ports seem open though

Please send respect if I helped you out
    Discord: east_west#9811

• i am stuck on find 's***** d********** dir'

• edited December 1

edited

Please send respect if I helped you out
    Discord: east_west#9811

• edited November 30

• Anyone on the shell step?

zaBogdan

• I have only an index.html on port 8080
    port 80 closed

• @rholas pm if you need help on the second step

zaBogdan

• Someone got the shell???

zaBogdan

• when i changed my browsers proxy settings, 80 port opened but with 404 eror. Any hint?

• Yeah i'm stuck afraid to admit. Any hints on initial ? I haven't found anything particularly juicy

S1ph1lys

• :) @clubby789 , I hate you (in a good way tho... lol). Great box! :)

• well, text of 404 error on port 80 seems wierd coz its parsing whole url as a doc name, but i dont know what to do with it. any hints?
  • rooted, very straightforward box..

• :)

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

I enjoyed this very much, thank you @clubby789! But I think misclassified, it's one of the easiest ones currently available.

Hack The Box

• @idomino said:

I enjoyed this very much, thank you @clubby789! But I think misclassified, it's one of the easiest ones currently available.

I may have misset permissions at a particular point ;).

clubby789

• GCIH
  • Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

@idomino said:

I may have misset permissions at a particular point ;).

lol I know what you mean. Not having that knowledge would have made it definitely harder :D

Hack The Box

• For those who are having a hard time getting that py file, tryy this cool script out! https://github.com/ffuf/ffuf

• Type your comment> @HumanFlyBzzzz said:

Yeah i'm stuck afraid to admit. Any hints on initial ? I haven't found anything particularly juicy

same here, I only know whats on the main webpage and my gobuster scans aren't working

Sign In to comment.