OSCP cleared, next steps

2»

Comments

• For those looking to do the OSCP, new update

You can find the old and new Exam Retake policies below.

Current Policy
    Students may schedule an exam retake within 90 days of the exam retake cooling off period as follows:
    After the 1st failed exam, a student may schedule an exam retake after 1 week
    After the 2nd failed exam, a student may schedule an exam retake after 2 weeks
    After the 3rd failed exam, a student may schedule an exam retake after 3 weeks
    After the 4th failed exam onward, a student may schedule an exam retake after 6 weeks

Future Policy, effective on the 17th of February, 2020
    Students may schedule an exam retake within 120 days of the exam retake cooling off period as follows:
    After the 1st failed exam, a student may schedule an exam retake after 4 weeks
    After the 2nd failed exam, a student may schedule an exam retake after 8 weeks
    After the 3rd failed exam onward, a student may schedule an exam retake after 12 weeks

• Type your comment> @NostromoLain said:

Type your comment> @da1y said:

I did the eJPT and eCPPTv2 very recently with pretty much HTB, CyberSecurityChallenge and some other CTFs as my 'cyber' experience... and 10+ years experience in Software/Tech. eCPPTv2 was a really good exam.

I did the OSCP exam on Saturday and Sunday, eCPPTv2 is probably harder in the respect of not being guided on what to attack and that you actually need to pivot but in terms of difficulty it was harder to 'get in' on the OSCP machines. Buffer overflow was similar in both exams. Reporting looks to be a bit stricter on OSCP, I think that is what I'll fail on right now.

EDIT: I passed, sometimes being succinct isn't a bad thing. :-)

I'm taking the eCPPTv2 this weekend, any tips? I'm stressing lol

Once you find your way in, take your time to explore everything. Don't panic if you can't get into every machine, maybe you don't need to. Buffer overflow you can follow the many guides online, just screenshot everything you do.

da1y

OSWE | OSCP | eCPPTv2

I rarely check private messages, if you do ask for help, show your workings. I don't reply to wall posts.

Sign In to comment.