Keep CEH certified with HTB

I have a CEH certification that needs to be renewed every 3 years. I wonder if someone used HTB as a source for ECE points and if yes, what kind of “Event” was submitted and accepted. Thanks!

Would be nice.

Should be possible, since Premium members get automatic (ISC)² CPE and I expect their criteria would be similar to EC-Council’s ECE criteria.

I believe you should be able to get credits for both owning boxes/challenges as writing write-ups (approved by HTB).

if anyone figures out what event category to submit, let me know!

I contacted EC-Council. “You can claim credits for your CTF labs.” But no recommedation related to HTB and the Event to choose. So I will give it a try and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Type your comment> @k4wld said:

I contacted EC-Council. “You can claim credits for your CTF labs.” But no recommedation related to HTB and the Event to choose. So I will give it a try and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Contacted EC-Council as well. Took some time before they understood I was talking about HTB labs and not a conference.
Got the following response:

Hi xxx,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not provide any credits for Hack The Box pentesting labs. However, you can claim credits by attending the Hack The Box security events.

Have a nice day!

Thank You

Regards

Delta Admin
EC-Council
http://www.eccouncil.org

Type your comment> @FlatMarsSociet said:

Type your comment> @k4wld said:

Contacted EC-Council as well. Took some time before they understood I was talking about HTB labs and not a conference.
Got the following response:

Hi xxx,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not provide any credits for Hack The Box pentesting labs. However, you can claim credits by attending the Hack The Box security events.

Have a nice day!

Thank You

Regards

Delta Admin
EC-Council
http://www.eccouncil.org

Seems backwards, get credit for watching a talk but not for keeping your skills current.

That’s weird, you can claim credits for “reading a book” but not hacking boxes on a lab.

Is it actually worth keeping active?

Type your comment> @Ryan412 said:

Is it actually worth keeping active?

I’m not sure either. Preparing for the OSCP anyway …