Inception

Just wanted to get a conversation started on inception.

I’m stumped, for an easier box I’m just not seeing it. I’ve got a way to read things that I shouldn’t and see things but no idea where to look to go further. Anyone got any hints?

im stuck with priv esc, gather all infos, cant see creds or keys.

@peek said:
im stuck with priv esc, gather all infos, cant see creds or keys.

same here …

i got it

i was able to priv esc to root.btw root.txt seems weird

Hi all,

I have a limited shell as a service, not as a user and I can read most of the regular things, but unfortunately not the user’s files…I’m on the right track or should I struggle more/try a different path to get the limited shell as a user?

Thank you!

search for creds

stuck with Enum, :smiley: any hints guys??

if remote shell doesnt work, means, wrong way, I assume…

any hints?? not spoilers?? i’ve udp useless ports open getting time out error ,

difficult not to spoil, you were close with a remote shell

ok, then what to read about ?? :dizzy:

@Amonsec said:
I can execute code but I have trouble to gain a remote shell. I already tried different languages but they all seems to don’t be able to connect my IP.

I can read files…but cannot execute commad… have you any hints?

The root.txt file does look weird. Been staring at it for three days. Not sure where to go with it from that point. If anyone has an advice, I’d love to hear it.

@PrJ7g1d said:
The root.txt file does look weird. Been staring at it for three days. Not sure where to go with it from that point. If anyone has an advice, I’d love to hear it.

yeaah.need an advice too

You can ping me up on Slack. Same username :slight_smile:

@PrJ7g1d said:

Found the next step a few minutes after I posted that. Got root!

I am also having a really hard time getting an initial shell. I have found the thing to get things from the box. I have also seen that certain ports open up when you do something special.

I have not managed to find any creds thus far. Can someone give me a push in the right direction please?

@Deadstopp said:
I am also having a really hard time getting an initial shell. I have found the thing to get things from the box. I have also seen that certain ports open up when you do something special.

I have not managed to find any creds thus far. Can someone give me a push in the right direction please?

focus on ports you found, maybe no creds are needed…