Postman

1323334353638»

Comments

• Rooted. And my first root/user at that!

@luckyUser thanks for the explanation. What I don't understand is that for 'M' there exists an "authorized keys" folder with a key pair. This key pair is different from the one we find as "R". People keep messing with the "R" service and I was tired of needing to go through that process every time so I decided to exfiltrate these keys, thinking that I could then login directly as "M" using SSH. No dice. Can anyone verify that this is the case or am I making some mistake?

I've already rooted, I am just looking to improve my understanding.

• Wow, Postman had me stumped! I could not figure out some small details (which have been discussed in this thread enough, I guess), so it took me ages to get the initial foothold. Once I got that, the rest was feeling somewhat...too easy, I guess.

I still have no idea how to get the user flag, as I went straight from initial to root.

If anyone wants to show me how they did it, please tell me in a PM, I'm curious. I'll send you the point where I got stuck if you want. I think there's something in there I can learn!

Initial: Learned a lot about a thing that I have used only once before, that was new, thanks!
    User: Still no clue!
    Root: Quite easy after you figure out that someone was a bit careless about conserving...

Thanks to @TheCyberGeek for making this box. Despite the frustration I felt, I learned something and that's why I'm here :)

• Fun little box, thanks @TheCyberGeek! This was only my second (active) box and I was somewhat surprised to see that I could immediately reuse some of the things I learnt on OpenAdmin :)
    Shoutout to @5H3LLKiller and @mohabaks for helping me get over that john "hurdle" I completely brainfarted on ... :sweat_smile:
    Does anyone know whether there's a way to root without m********t?

• edited March 12

@hellsheep, take a look at the sshd_conf file and I believe you will know why you can't SSH in at M***

marlasthemage

• I found the r**** tut on packetstorm, but the article assumes I know the username of the account in which to drop my key. How do I find that out? I already get a permission denied trying to change to the /home directory.

• Im not sure what i did wrong with nmap but i was not able to find r***s-cli but im all good now.

• Hello everyone
    i am stuck
    i put the key from ***.bk to ssh2john and then put jtr to work using rockyou wordlist
    no password found
    need a hint
    tnx

• I'm running the scanner to find usernames....it says found after everyone. R**** Login. I can't get the initial foothold.

• Rooted. Time to get foothold was apparently not well spent. PM for a nudge.
    Thanks @TheCyberGeek !

• I'm new to this. I entered using r****-c** and another usual tool but I'm lost when I try to change users. Can you PM for a hint?

FireTxelo

• Rooted :) An easy machine for the ones that've done enough linux machines. Learned new things too !!
    PM if anyone needs some help.

• Hi!

System owned! Fun box!

• Is the r**** service down for anyone else? I'm noticing I'm unable to do a full nmap scan on the box and when i try to use the r****-c** tool to connect to that service, it just hangs. I reset the box, but still seeing the same behavior.

• System owned...

Thanks to who pm me with hints

FireTxelo

Sign In to comment.