Mango

Comments

• edited October 2019

Spoiler Removed

• Enum

• two virtualhosts found.
    • one search engine, found developer at codepen.io
    • one login page with nothing so far (probably nothing)
    • some PHP page with nothing useful so far

now stuck..

• Really fun box! Thanks @MrR3boot for that. Just rooted it.

• edited October 2019

Spoiler Removed

• Just realize "DAD" is NOT "DOD", DOD means "Department of Defense"

• edited October 2019

I'm at the point where I'll need some time to write the extraction script, but no guessing was involved so far, just had to enumerate carefully.

edit: got user :) so far awesome box, now onto root...

• edited October 2019

They just started farming, what do we suppose to do? start planting? I can see only two information can be extracted as of now.

• user.txt ok

• > @skullkiddo said:
    > Really fun box! Thanks @MrR3boot for that. Just rooted it.

Glad you had fun :)

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• Thanks @MrR3boot nice box!

• Type your comment> @bluealder said:

Thanks @MrR3boot nice box!

Now go and taste real Mango's :p

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• So far I found a search engine, an a*******.php page and an orange login screen. I can't think of anything even with the hints in this threads..

Would anyone be so kind as to shoot me a small nudge?

Vex20k

• enum /ve../co...ser check default file names

• yo im stuck in the rabbithole any tips

• Unable to go further than a search engine and an axxxxxtx.php page, please someone help me with a nudge? TIA :)

• edited October 2019

Type your comment> @n4v1n said:

Unable to go further than a search engine and an axxxxxtx.php page, please someone help me with a nudge? TIA :)

same boat =) would appreciate a nudge

edit: found it! thanks to @dontknow

• edited October 2019

Unable to go further than a search engine and an axxxxxtx.php page, please someone help me with a nudge? TIA :)

What else could you check about a https page that might hold some information? Something you're supposed to check anyway if you get invalid ********* error anyway :)

rowra

• This was a really fun box and a great learning experience. Kudos to @MrR3boot.

Obligatory hints.

User: very thorough enumeration is the key, knowing a bit of CS theory (and applying it in terms of code) really helps cutting down the time needed.
    Root: I said "very thorough enumeration" for a reason.

• Can someone help me on this box please?

• @rowra said:

What else could you check about a https page that might hold some information? Something you're supposed to check anyway if you get invalid ********* error anyway :)

Could you explain a little bit further? I have no idea what you are talking about D:
    Thanks!

• @dvargasj said:

@rowra said:

Could you explain a little bit further? I have no idea what you are talking about D:
    Thanks!

When you opened port 443, firefox likely gave you an error, which you probably ignored. Have a look at the details of the error.

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • rooted

PM for Nuggets

• Last login: Thu Oct 10 08:33:27 2019
    [email protected]:~# id
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

thanks to all friends who patiently were on my site and helped me :D :D and also thanks to box creator for the learning experience.

• screenshot
    Fun box. In the last step, the first thing you try may not work, but it should be fairly obvious what to try

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

@dvargasj said:

@rowra said:

Thanks!

When you opened port 443, firefox likely gave you an error, which you probably ignored. Have a look at the details of the error.

Got it, thanks!

• Can someone give me a nudge for the initial foothole with the mango hint?

• Joined the Mango club :)

Last login: Thu Oct 10 08:33:27 2019
    [email protected]:~# id
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
    [email protected]:~#

Awesome box, thank you @MrR3boot !

• Rooted and the mango is delicious

User: Consider the box name once you reached the login page

root: enumeration will help you [gtfobins]

Ghostphisher

• edited October 2019

Raise your hand if you spent far too long writing something in python, just for it to continue to let you down...

• Raise your hand if you're tired of people thinking "cOnSiDeR tHe BoX nAmE" is a hint when there are roughly four million different kinds of software named after fruit...and apparently we are supposed to guess one...

Sign In to comment.