ExploitedStream

edited October 4 in Challenges

Hello!
I have very simple question: Do i need a dictionary to finish this challenge?
Or i need carefully read a challenge description?
Regards for all :)

If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already and what you've tried. I won't respond to profile comments. And remember to +respect me if I helped you <3

Comments

• I'm just wondering your thought process on needing a dictionary @Kucharskov ? I haven't solved it, so I dont know, but I'm curious why you were thinking that.

• ysfysf
    edited October 5

Actually, I tried several things with a very specific dictionary so far and did not receive anything printable yet. I still think that this should be how it's solved.

• Type your comment> @bipolarmorgan said:

@ysf why a dictionary?

Because a clue makes me think so :)

• ok, sorry to bother you, was just trying to understand your thinking.

• I can update, solved it: You definitly need a special dictionary!

• I solved this via a dictionary/list as well. Was this the intended method?

snuggles

• I liked this challenge, finally forced me to learn some javascript.

This challenge is based on a real world case of a recently compromised npm package. And the technique used to solve this challenge is fairly similar to the first phase of the real one.
    There is a very good youtube video about it that helped me find the correct approach.

• Good one. Had to learn a few things about js and node. Used brute force for final step but that only took a few minutes.

Happy to help via PM if anyone is stuck.

• As for me it was a little dumb task. Several strings for bruteforce and that's it.

Did someone get it without brute?

• edited October 20

I could use some help with the challenge. I can debug the script, I think I know where the different "outputs" are stored, but I can't extract the text. Would anyone PM me so I could explain what I have done so far and what I am struggling against?
    Thank you in advance.

EDIT: solved the challenge. Thanks to anyone who helped!

• this challenge really great , force you to do some researches

Hack The Box

• Deobfuscate the script and lost my mind...any clues?

• It looks like you need to have strong JS level to fix the bruteforce script as it is outdated.
    Any other possibility to brute force ? (I mean without a JS script) I have all the data needed (dictionary + cipher).

• I just used a shell script and openssl, not [node]js, to bruteforce.

• Solved it. I have to admit that I was trying to brute-force the key by means of using some well-known dates. Finally, I understood that it should be easier and just solved it without brute-forcing really.

As someone has already said, node.js is not necessary AT all to solve this challenge.

Sociaslkas

• edited November 6

Hi guys! I need your help. What sw can I use to brute force? THX!

socialkas you solved the challenge without brute-forcing. Do you say me something about? please

• @anguzmar said:

I liked this challenge, finally forced me to learn some javascript.

This challenge is based on a real world case of a recently compromised npm package. And the technique used to solve this challenge is fairly similar to the first phase of the real one.
    There is a very good youtube video about it that helped me find the correct approach.

Exactly!! That is exactly where i based the challenge from! Glad you found the origin :)

• This was a pretty cool challenge.
    Hint: think outside the box and consider that sometimes we may leave notes to self :)

Sign In to comment.