Illumination

Well this was a surprise! GL on the blood!

Comments

• Easy to solve when you've made this mistake yourself :joy:

• Fun and easy challenge, I would definitely agree with the mistake part!

• edited September 21

Nice and realistic. Should probably be a 10 pointer, compared to some of the others.

• edited September 23

Wow, just wow... got that within a minute....

Somehow I have the feeling I already did exactly the same on a (now retired) machine... But this time I didn't use the commandline, but a plugin in an editor which made it even simpler...

• Could anybody give me any hint?
    Feel a bit lost since imm trying to edit code but seems much easier :/

• Type your comment> @hsmxmx said:

Could anybody give me any hint?

No editing of code required. Quite the opposite.
    Are you sure you're looking at all files?

• Type your comment> @BazSecOps said:

Type your comment> @hsmxmx said:

Could anybody give me any hint?

No editing of code required. Quite the opposite.
    Are you sure you're looking at all files?

I'm dumb af lol, thx

• Hi everyone I read and reread the code a few times but there is something that I probably don't see. someone who smodori a small sermeter. thanks

nemen91

• @nemen read the challenge description. Make sure to look at all files in the zip. It should really jump out at you. Feel free to DM me for a hint.

• Guys, do I need any debugging program to do this challenge or this can be done in the notepad?

elearning

• @elearning no debugging program needed. No notepad either, really... Feel free to DM me for a hint.

• Thanks for the nudge @Dethread I was looking for a right thing but using wrong tools. Finally cli did the job.

elearning

• I rooted this challenge, easy but if you have somes doubts about files of the tool, could be weird solve it, after a investigation I got it what happen, a hint that i want to leave here is that you need know how tool save information and a specially command to make a "cat" on it.

• edited October 16

There was more than meets the eye

• Hi,

Im new to HTB and just started the Illumination challenge. I have found what i think is a hint but after following up on the hint I got stuck. Anyone with a hint maybe?

• edited October 17

Type your comment> @langejerry99 said:

Hi,

Im new to HTB and just started the Illumination challenge. I have found what i think is a hint but after following up on the hint I got stuck. Anyone with a hint maybe?

Look at all the included files properly. Feel free to DM if you still can't find.

Sign In to comment.