Wall

Comments

• Type your comment> @acc3ssp0int said:

Type your comment> @Nihlander said:

Managed to get logged in... I think it's intended to just guess the password...

Was there a base to which you made a guess?

Think simple. Really simple. I ended up finding the creds by writing a bash script to bruteforce the authentication via the API.

• Type your comment> @argot said:

That is correct, no need for any creds if all you currentl see is m********, a*.php, and p******.php

I found m******* , a*.php
    Can't find p******.php .
    Give hint.

• edited September 2019

• got all the pages. a*.php always returns the same response....rabbit hole?

Otherwise no clue where to go :(
  • Thanks @argot. Your teacher reference helped me not feel insane after many variations of directory scanning failed. @Nihlander writing a script and "guessing" aren't really the same things. I found the default creds on the developers websites, but no dice. Throwing hydra at it currently since my logically targeted guesses aren't working.

A little nudge on thought process of where other potential passwords might be found would be helpful.

Having fun with you guys though so far :)

• Could anyone give a little hint other than @argot 's vocab one? I got /a*.***, /m********* and /p****.*** but yeah two of these are virtually useless and the last needs basic auth to which I don't have anything at all

rowra

• @rowra It's about the way you approach the pages. Start thinking about different ways to view and interact with the pages.

• Spoiler Removed

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Fully enumerated but I am stuck on what to do next ??

• And rooted. Very disappointed :/

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • Same, any hints on how to interact with **.php or p****.php?

• edited September 2019

@ToneDef said:

Same, any hints on how to interact with **.php or p****.php?

Don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clubby789

• GCIH
  • It sounds like most folks are just bruteforcing m*. would default kali wordlist work ??

• i got the a*.*** and p****.*** and /m*******
    and am stuck now . how can i find credsto login ?
    any help

• Rooted, the root is so simple. Thanks to the creator of the box ! :D

• I don't think root was intended as it is right now. Initial shell got straight to root with literally the first hit on google

rowra

• Type your comment> @rowra said:

I don't think root was intended as it is right now. Initial shell got straight to root with literally the first hit on google

This is not normal, a person had to change the configurations..

• Type your comment> @godzkid said:

I found m******* , a*.php
    Can't find p******.php .
    Give hint.

The hint with the teacher and verbs is in reference to one of these pages. @terabitez helps too when clarifying that hint.

• what do you think about b..p ? or just a rabbit

• give hint,
    in c********
    no login

• Looking for a hint on logging into c*******..

• Type your comment> @Cybeernoob said:

Looking for a hint on logging into c*******..

Brute force with a popular list, there is a snakey script related to the software version that can help you deal with csrf tokens.

• Type your comment> @Cybeernoob said:

Looking for a hint on logging into c*******..

@godzkid said:
    give hint,
    in c********
    no login

The a** maybe useful for brute force. ;)

• Type your comment> @terabitez said:

Thanks @argot. Your teacher reference helped me not feel insane after many variations of directory scanning failed. @Nihlander writing a script and "guessing" aren't really the same things. I found the default creds on the developers websites, but no dice. Throwing hydra at it currently since my logically targeted guesses aren't working.

A little nudge on thought process of where other potential passwords might be found would be helpful.

Having fun with you guys though so far :)

Indeed, writing a script to bruteforce the creds and guessing aren't the same thing. The credentials are so basic that can be guessed though.

• I found a login (the m********* one) . found 2 php files with just plain text as output .
    found a directory which need authentication. Need to logged in any help please

• Rooted a few hours ago.
    Respect for the maker of the CVE but I felt like he just made that machine to do
    a publicity stunt for himself.

Hints:
    1. Think simple you dont have to "GET" what you need as soon as you enumerate all of the pages ;)
    2. API is never worthless
    3.CVE x2

Python Expert | OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional | Professional Penetration Tester and Red Teamer
    Github:
    https://github.com/J3wker?tab=repositories

Hack The Box

• @NiC95 Check @argot's hint earlier in the thread.

Choose your words carefully when making a request.

• I am in urgent need to root this box (means i have less time )
    i have found c**** exploit py but it is not working but it is also suppose to work
    please pm me with this i need hint

• as far as I can tell, the credentials provided on the developers webpage, don't work

reading this discussion it is said that they are really simple

hmmm

• Type your comment> @gorg said:

as far as I can tell, the credentials provided on the developers webpage, don't work

reading this discussion it is said that they are really simple

hmmm

i am inside c****
    just exploit not working

Sign In to comment.