Obscure Challenge

I managed to decode the commands and obtain an interesting file, but I'm not sure how to proceed. A nudge from any of the solvers out there would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

  • Type your comment> @n3m0 said:

    I managed to decode the commands and obtain an interesting file, but I'm not sure how to proceed. A nudge from any of the solvers out there would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    I'm in the same spot. I could obtain the file and its h**h. I think we have to use bruteforce. Someone who can confirm that this is the right path?

  • You should have obtained a sensitive file. To view its contents, you should supply a credential. Since you don't have credentials, you have to obtain them somehow. Our old friend john may help.

  • Just analyze the facts, and reverse it to obtain that file. Thanks to @Angel235 .
    pm me if you need help. however it is great challenge and everything is obvious just follow the flow from pcap file.

    Arrexel

  • Thank you @davidlightman....that was great hint!

  • Fun little challenge. It took me some time too get the data decoded, but once I had that setup correctly using CyberChef, getting the flag was easy...

  • Someone help with PHP Warning: gzuncompress(): data error when trying to decode with the script...

  • This was a bit of a mind bender. You just have to believe in yourself to get through it. And keep passing the hash.

  • What a challenge! Props to the creator as it was very well done!

    If anyone needs a guiding light through the obscurity, I am glad to lend a hand.

    Silv3rDawg23

  • Thanks for the positive feedback -- glad you guys enjoyed this one. In case you want to read my write-up on it, then see the following PDF document (password protected with the HTB flag): https://github.com/artikrh/HackTheBox/blob/master/Obscure_Forensics_Write-up.pdf

    artikrh

  • Really awesome challenge. I struggled a bit after getting the file, which I figured wouldn't be protected at all, but after that everything went fine. LOVED IT!

  • I keep getting a corrupted file. Any hints?

  • ONe of the best challenges I have ever solve. Wasn't that easy but I learnt a lot!

    Deleite

  • Fun one and not crazy hard. Really enjoyed it. Happy to give hints via DM for anyone struggling.

  • Type your comment> @artikrh said:

    Thanks for the positive feedback -- glad you guys enjoyed this one. In case you want to read my write-up on it, then see the following PDF document (password protected with the HTB flag): https://github.com/artikrh/HackTheBox/blob/master/Obscure_Forensics_Write-up.pdf

    Very nice one!

  • This was a really well-crafted challenge. Each part followed on from the last nicely as you work through it, and it all made sense. Kudos!

  • Real fun challenge thus far. I think I'm close to getting the flag but could use a hint. I don't want to spoil it for others here, is there someone I could PM for some feedback?

  • Type your comment> @sageos said:

    Real fun challenge thus far. I think I'm close to getting the flag but could use a hint. I don't want to spoil it for others here, is there someone I could PM for some feedback?

    Nvm, I found the flag. Thanks for a great challenge @artikrh I learned a lot.

Sign In to comment.