HairCut

Got the user.txt already but cannot pwn the system. Does anyone kindly enough to share a little how to pwn the system? :smiley:

I don’t think anyone will share a hint on the forums, although you maybe be able to get a hint in the slack channel if you ask :D.

Hinting is ok at the forums also. Feel free. Just no direct spoilers

Sometimes it’s not about finding something you’ve seen before, but finding something that’s out of place. Run through your basic linux priv-esc, you’ll find something eventually.

Basic Linux Privilege Escalation - g0tmi1k is a great place to start.

got it hahahaha just got the wrong exploit. found another one and it works wahahaha
hopefully this is not a direct spoilers. Please admin delete it if this is considered as direct spoiler. Thanks.

test

I know this box is supposed to be really easy, but it is acting inconsistent for me. I cannot get my payload to execute even after following a guide step by step. I tried resetting the box but to no avail - I am not sure what the issue is since this is supposed to be pretty simple

I am also having issues with this. Followed both IppSec and other walkthroughs to the point. Anyone able to solve this as of this moment who could share/pm the solution?