Digital Cube

2»

Comments

• Could someone DM me regarding the cube? thx!

• edited September 2018

could someone help with the final stage. I have the digitalcube but it produces different results each time. I have manipulated by taking screenshots, gimp to enhance the detail but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there a particular font that is better?

eventually it returned the flag.

• I had to download an application to scan it

• Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but anytime I scan it I just get a bunch of numbers... No flag, no info.

• @Lycist said:
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but anytime I scan it I just get a bunch of numbers... No flag, no info.

Maybe you have to see the big "Picture"! ;)

• I've seen the picture... I've downloaded an appropriate scanner to scan the 'big picture'. but instead of getting the flag, I get a series of numbers, ie: 87773612839957. This number is different every time I scan the big 'picture'.

• when you "decode the picture", set width size: 50, i think you will understand!

• Could someone tell me how they setup their screenshot and what app they used for the decoding process? I've tried half a dozen of them and they all fail to scan.

opt1kz

• edited January 14

@opt1kz said:
    Could someone tell me how they setup their screenshot and what app they used for the decoding process? I've tried half a dozen of them and they all fail to scan.

Spoiler Removed

• edited January 14

@DaChef said:
    Spoiler Removed

I meant the actual decoding part, not the formatting part. I already had it in the cube it needed to be in and could see the "inner code". Thanks, though.

I ended up just writing a Python script to output a PNG with PIL that an app was then able to scan just fine.

opt1kz

• This site actually decodes it! You set the width to 50 and done!

• Got it, that website was a huge help, thanks!

• "TIME ELAPSED: 50:50", Try Harder.

• edited January 14

@DaChef said:

Spoiler Removed

Thanks

• if anyone need help free to pm :) :)

• I keep getting "Image to convert into 0 and 1 invalid" Anyone else have this issue?

• I have already got the right image, but i can't scan it. How to make my picture readable from the scanner?

• Ah, joy! Noticed the pattern with VS Code, and spent way more time than I should have needed writing a Python script to generate a PNG. Output became perfect, so a breeze to scan.

• edited March 5

try a famous crypto site's binary tool. then it's piece of cake. 50

azeroth

• Used two websites i googled to solve this.
    Easy when you read the author's hints :)

cyberus17l

• I found color is helpful

• I really enjoyed this one, as someone who was super late to owning a smartphone I think this one took me way too long. PM me if that hint doesn't land.

• This challenge is actually really straightforward if you read the clues in the question. 50:50 is actually important and as @tacotime247 said smartphone.

• I have had this solved. The problem i am having is i cannot submit? i got the exact flag example HTB{text} anyone know whats up with that?

• wow it went. i tried 20 times yesterday! lmao

Sign In to comment.