Digital Cube

I have been trying to get started on this for days now!! The first part seems obvious but I cant get it to decode to anything useful. Can I get a nudge onto the path!!

andrewh

Comments

• yeah for sure, DM me and I will give you a hint :)

• Hey @JR0driguezB, mind if I DM you and bounce an idea off of you for DigitalCube?

• @JR0driguezB said:
    yeah for sure, DM me and I will give you a hint :)

PM me plz =)

• i'm able to identify the language but unable to decode it online for some reason.
    Any help would be great.

Thanks

• maybe you are not on the right way ;-)

• @mm7 you're not in the right track bro :tired_face:

Hack The Box

• I got it :)

• can i pm someone about this ??

• You can PM me
  • I'm stuck on this as well. I've run through some ideas, but nothing seems close to solving it. Anyone I can PM for a nudge?

• Pm me.

Hack The Box

• May I ping someone on the digital cube challenge for a hint and to verify I'm on the right track? Thanks.

• @corpnobbs said:
    May I ping someone on the digital cube challenge for a hint and to verify I'm on the right track? Thanks.

yes

• This was a pretty cool challenge, tbh. I could 'see' something but it took me a long time to actually get everything position correctly to make sense of it. The one hint that someone offered me that I think will help a lot is: sublime.

Or, in my case, Microsoft Visual Studio Code.

cyb3rsinn3r
    | A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | CySA+ | CASP | CISSP |
    aut inveniam viam aut faciam

• @cyb3rsinn3r Did you use some extension into sublime or vscode ?

• @thek said:
    @cyb3rsinn3r Did you use some extension into sublime or vscode ?

No
    I solved the challenge without VS Code or sublime, but out of curiosity I viewed the file in VS Code and yes, it indeed might help to view the file in these kind of editors. No plugin needed.

• @nns2009 said:

@thek said:
    @cyb3rsinn3r Did you use some extension into sublime or vscode ?

No
    I solved the challenge without VS Code or sublime, but out of curiosity I viewed the file in VS Code and yes, it indeed might help to view the file in these kind of editors. No plugin needed.

Is this anyhow related to how you "view" something?

• @w31rd0 said:
    Is this anyhow related to how you "view" something?

Not exactly sure what you mean but I think you can say that.
    Just (as they like to say here) don't overthink it. In my opinion this was the easiest challenge out of 21 I solved. It requires no special tools and no special knowledge.

• Very smart stego @m0rpheus (I only used 2 online tools)

• Found the overall digital cube but couldn't get any data out of it... Do I need to process it further?

• > @LeDeceiver said:
    > Found the overall digital cube but couldn't get any data out of it... Do I need to process it further?

What do you mean by "overall digital cube"?
  • they should call it square, not cube

peek

• @LeDeceiver said:
    Found the overall digital cube but couldn't get any data out of it... Do I need to process it further?

I took a screenshot and cropped the needed part and enlarged it ..

• can i pm someone about this challenge?

• Well this was very entertaining. I only used one online tool. A slightly mathematical hint: generally speaking, a cube is a structure that has 3 dimensions, but in a screen we can't fit that many!

Elio

• el1el1
    edited September 2018

took me about 30 seconds to solve this, cool little concept, didn't need anything vscode

hint; your eyes can see more than just numbers.
    title of this challenge is a good hint as well

Hack The Box

• how to scan it ? i got the digital cube or morever square .. unable to scan it ... please help me with a scanner

• @FEVING said:
    how to scan it ? i got the digital cube or morever square .. unable to scan it ... please help me with a scanner

I also have the same problem. I get the thing but can't scan it

• Hi guys! Need help. I know what I'm supposed to do but don't know how to do it! What can I do to "view....." this cube?

Sign In to comment.