Easy Phish

Hello,

I'm currently trying to do the OSINT Easy Phish challenge but when I navigate to the website it isn't registered, is this correct and meant to be or is there something wrong?

Thx

Comments

• That is correct.

• Okay, thanks for the reply. Then I'm at a loss on where to look but at least I can continue knowing the challenge is still up and running. :)

• Think of the things you need to do to register a domain, configure the zone, and secure mail transfer.

limbernie
    Write-ups of retired machines

• is this one a two part flag? i find the first but not the ending }

• Type your comment> @W0RmZ said:

is this one a two part flag? i find the first but not the ending }

same

• Type your comment> @W0RmZ said:

This is a two part flag. Everything in the first flag is the first half of it.

• Type your comment> @s0j0hn said:

Type your comment> @W0RmZ said:

same

think of different email authentication protocols and find a way to test them.. one by one.

• Type your comment> @Un1k0d3r said:

Type your comment> @s0j0hn said:

Type your comment> @W0RmZ said:

same

think of different email authentication protocols and find a way to test them.. one by one.

wow what a brain fart. got it thanks!

• This was quite fun for an easy OSINT task. Really hoping for more in this category!

• any tips on line how to start this? ran dig, nslookup, and fierce. Found a subdomain. Also notice no DNSSEC. Just not sure how to start.

• never mind on the hints. Got it. Thanks to all..........

• Got it, didn't even use any special tools beyond a well known website to lookup records and stuff.

The challenge's mention of very convincing phishing emails is pretty much a lead right to what to look at.

• edited August 13

I got the first half and what I thought was the 2nd half, but it rejects. Am I supposed to add something?

• Type your comment> @Outkicked said:

I got the first half and what I thought was the 2nd half, but it rejects. Am I supposed to add something?

Yes, the 2nd half of the flag ends with a closing curly brace, as one would expect. Look around the DNS records, I also had to do extra research as this protocol had been unknown to me

Regards,
    qmi

Sign In to comment.