Hint Shocker

Hi, i got a low priv shell, i enumerate the machine and find a “Possible Sudo PWNAGE!” but when i try to run the command, the chanel is open but i dont recive response of these command… i dont know if im wrong way… a hint in this moment is very helpful, a lot of thanks

Try to play around the way that you execute the command , think in another way to get root using this misconfiguration , it’s not necessary to invoke a reverse shell you can do it using other technique , you are in the right way.

Spoiler Removed.

you are close, check pentestmonkey cheat sheet

Spoiler Removed.

Spoiler Removed.

try this paper:

@itsvan said:
Spoiler Removed.

try this paper:
Attack and Defend: Linux Privilege Escalation Techniques of 2016 | SANS Institute

■■■!! I cant belive… its so simple and i spend a lot of time searching in the wrong place, a lot of thanks for everyone for the hints , i need try more and more harder.

thank you all

thanks for the link, i found out many interesting things

Great paper, thanks!

i got user… any hint for priv escal

everything is in the paper itsvan provided

Spoiler Removed.

@Nutellack said:
Hi
Spoiler Removed.

The name is the biggest hint in this machine.

You need to find an interesting file (dir, dirbuster, gobuster…) and exploit it.
The next is just local enumeration, pretty simple :33

think of shocker name

ugh. ran Zap, Nikto, dirbuster, dirb, gobuster and I got a couple of directories and 3 files. Not sure where to go.

@modevius said:
ugh. ran Zap, Nikto, dirbuster, dirb, gobuster and I got a couple of directories and 3 files. Not sure where to go.

have you tried dirb with file extensions? if not, tried dirb with couples of extensions and you will find your way

Spoiler Removed.

need help with priv esc i tried most of what was in the paper but did not have any success

Spoiler Removed.