DecodeMe challenge

Hi there,
actually stuck on this. First part (appropriately decoded) seems to be a key, second part (appropriately decoded) seems to be the ciphertext. I have played a bit with message lengths do identify candidate ciphers, but noone seems to match. Any ideas?

Comments

• I've identified how it was potentially encrypted. I've decrypted it and got a b64 string. Which doesnt translate to anything useful. So no idea if my first step was correct, but I cant figure out what else it could be
  • Solved. All I can say is I think this belongs in misc rather than crypto.
  • The last bit of encoding is very strange. I don't think I have encountered it before. I have decoded up to the last B64 but I am kind of stomped on the last bit.

• Solved. Have actually encountered the encoding before, just the one time :)

• edited July 18
    Really should be in the Misc category.

limbernie
    Write-ups of retired machines

• Looking for a hint as to how the first item is even encoded.

• Any hint for this challange, please?

• first part is killing me

• edited July 26

TOOK A LOT OF my time. couldn't get anything pls help

• Hi there, can anyone give me a hint about this challenge ? I tried base64 with the first string but it gives me a bunch of characters and second string does not seem to be base64, I tried different conversions but both strings give me a bunch of characters that does not make any sense, I am pretty new on this matter

• This has been a challenging one, I got he line out of the b64 string. I stuck at decryption that line.

• edited July 26

I got past the first part. Can anyone PM me a small hint for what to look for with the second part?

• Can someone give me a hint ?

• Hint: Dante's Inferno

• This chall is literally the same as another one in the same category

Sign In to comment.