Issues with VIP Machines and Reverse Shells

I'm relatively new to hacking concepts, but I seem to have an issue getting reverse shells to connect to my attacking machine. I can ping my attacking machine's ip from other machines and I can connect to the machines with the attacking machine. However, when I follow the vip tutorials for retired machines exactly as laid out, I just cannot seem to get a reverse shell. For example, I am in Access box and I can telnet to it and put the username and password in to get a connection. When I try to ping my attacking machine from the telnet session or any up and running website it does not connect. Is there a problem with the vpn or even the box itself? I need help :P

Comments

• Make sure you are using valid interface/IP to ping back. Usually it is tun0/10.10.X.X or smth.

YanTayga

• @YanTayga said:

Make sure you are using valid interface/IP to ping back. Usually it is tun0/10.10.X.X or smth.

I was using an IP that was linked with the wlan0 interface which is a network adapter that I use. Would that change anything? I have also used eth0 with an ip that looked like 10.0.X.X

Sign In to comment.