Jarvis

Comments

• Got Root.
    Funny box. Thanks.

• Stuck at priv esc. Can sb help ?

• edited July 2019

rooted. Thanks t4l0 for the hint

• Rooted. Feel free to PM me if you need a nudge.
  • Now rooted. Spent more time than I should on foothold. Tips - Foothold: Explore the hotel and see if any odd behaviours, dont focus too much on one type of vuln. User - explore what can be done from the foothold, once seen keep experimenting. Root - loads of good hints here already.

alt text

• I don't get why use of a hyphen(-) results in "Got you", if it is not listed in the forbidden characters.

• Many many thanks to @EternalB1ue @palaziv and @t4l0 .

happy to say im a newb

• Rooted, big thanks to @Conda

• edited July 2019

need help for root!

• Are we supposed to get an EOF error by running a certain script inside the box ?

• I must be blind or dumb because I've read through all the pages of the forum on this, and stared at every room and other than a picture being reused and some images not being called.... I'm lost for a foothold. I am a no0b though so I'm probably missing a hint that is in neon with flashing lights...

• edited July 2019

Hello,

I am trying to create the last part required for root, but having issues with the editor. Could I get some help on this matter?

PP

EDIT: That's fine. i got it and got root shell. If help is needed let me know.

PP

• Type your comment> @elgastiom said:

Type your comment> @NightFury said:

Hi!

I'm completely stucked on privesc, i think i've found the point with s*******l but not sure about how can i use it... if someone could help me with a link to some resources that could help me to privesc...

Thanks!

Sent you a message.

I sent message to you xd

• rootness! I was stuck on root for while. knew what i had to do but tripped up on a minor detail. thanks for the help HEXE. hit me up if anyone needs a nudge

Arrexel

• Can someone PM me to assist me with user, I have access to the script, but I am struggling with some bash syntax. I am aware to the limitations of the script, but my methods to try and work around those limitations are not working as expected. Thanks

• Hey! I'm pretty new and getting the hang of all of this. I was able to get to p****r and I know that root has to do with s*********l but I have no idea where to go from here. Can someone give me a nudge or PM me an article that I could read to teach myself about this type of thing? Thanks so much in advance, I'd really appreciate it.

• edited July 2019

USER:
    Sometimes, you don't need google translate because the thing might be lying in the spanish

ROOT:
    GTFObins privilege escalation cheat sheet comes in handy

• Rooted!
    Learned a few things with this box!

Happy to help if needed :)

• Just got root, learned a lot, especially that you have to go small steps :D

OSCP
    el3ctr0

• Need help with priv esc
    I feel it is something to do with s******** or p***
    Tried both, but no luck

• edited July 2019

Hello, can anyone help me with one thing on the privilege escalation? I managed to do it once and get root but now that I'm doing it again it doesn't work. Thank you

Never mind, I just found out what the error was! Great machine, kudos to the authors!

• edited July 2019

Oh)) User was pain in an a*s, downrated for that. The root part was quite good

Hack The Box

• can someone help me i am stuck in the rooms

root1x

• Finally rooted, Thanks to everyone in this forum...
    I was too stubborn, I didn't realise my mistake...
    NOTE: Don't overcomplicate things ... maybe you are just slicing down your chances

• Rooted! Big thanks to @BINtendo and @Pp123 for the nudges. Really appreciated.
    Foothold: don't get too complicated, think basic
    User: brush up on your programming knowledge
    Root: ton of hints here already, but the one that helps the most is "weird misconfiguration"

• Thanks to @xscorp7 for the following:

ROOT:
    GTFObins privilege escalation cheat sheet comes in handy

I was having a very frustrating day until this comment. Each step took me ages but in the end I can say I really enjoyed this box. I'm not always the quickest to respond, but PM me if needing hints.

Arrexel

• @zepz0p , nope. I got that too. Can be used to get user as well.

• Finally rooted, Thanks to everyone in this forum.
    Here are already really good tips ... read them carefully then you know what to do :)

• @zepz0p why are you confused? I'm pretty sure that's what everybody did. What do you see that implies otherwards?

• edited July 2019

::systemctl /h/p/***.service but im still stuck.. no success

Sign In to comment.