You can do it

This challenges seems hard for only 10 points i tried everything i could think of but still no luck and clue to what i may be missing?

Comments

• Try rotating some letters. It's all right there.

likwidsec

• I have been trying this (switching letters) for days now and still cannot get it. Ive tried different forms of "you did it" etc. with extra words and I know that it starts with "you" but I cannot seem to get it.> @likwidsec said:

Try rotating some letters. It's all right there.

• This is my go-to website for these types of crypto challenges: https://www.dcode.fr/tools-list

It has a huge list of web tools you can try out to quickly eliminate certain ciphers if you're not familiar with the ciphertext format.

brox

• @ykroc666 said:
    I have been trying this (switching letters) for days now and still cannot get it. Ive tried different forms of "you did it" etc. with extra words and I know that it starts with "you" but I cannot seem to get it.> @likwidsec said:

Try rotating some letters. It's all right there.

I use a tool called JCrypTool... you should be able to figure it out with that.

likwidsec

• same with me! even i solved some difficult challenges than this! but can't able to solve this

• @h4x3r said:
    same with me! even i solved some difficult challenges than this! but can't able to solve this

You most definitely can solve this with JCrypTool alone. That's all I used.

likwidsec

• i solved it a while ago actually did it with pen and paper

• I have tried rotating the letters up to 26 times but i am not getting anything usable. I've used some of the tools suggested here but not getting anywhere - can someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

• @3XPL017 said:
    i solved it a while ago actually did it with pen and paper

What pen did you use on what paper ?
    I really sux at this....
    ;-)

A113n

• MAKMAK
    edited December 2017

It's Easy!!
    You just need to try some scrambling combinations.....
    No need of any software you can do it with pen and a paper.....
    Hint :- Name of the file..... :smile: > @gm0 said:

I have tried rotating the letters up to 26 times but i am not getting anything usable. I've used some of the tools suggested here but not getting anywhere - can someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

• Do the underscores in the filename have any significance or am I just overthinking things?

--Skunkfoot

• @Skunkfoot said:
    Do the underscores in the filename have any significance or am I just overthinking things?

No significance at all.

likwidsec

• @likwidsec said:

@Skunkfoot said:
    Do the underscores in the filename have any significance or am I just overthinking things?

No significance at all.

Perfect, thanks.

--Skunkfoot

• How we supposed to submit the result. tried low/upper/camel case but nothing taken. Any nudges.

MrR3boot

• Submit the result in following way:-
    HTB{UPPERCASEWITHOUTANYSPACE}

• Think it like a basic interview logic pattern sequence question and you have 1 min time. Pen and paper is enough for this challenge.

• I found the text but the flag is not excepted, though it is a logical string. I cant post it here due to spoilers, I can pm it to someone who solved it though

• Im stuck on this one also, i tried the tools suggested, tried it in notepad, what the hell am i missing here.

• @likwidsec said:

@h4x3r said:
    same with me! even i solved some difficult challenges than this! but can't able to solve this

You most definitely can solve this with JCrypTool alone. That's all I used.

Can you PM me the link?

• Make sure you append the exclamation mark to the flag.
    No tools are necessary. Once you understand the concept, it's a matter of 5-6 lines of code to efficiently solve this challenge.

• Well clearly i should be cleaning toilets and not do IT-Stuff...
    I solved it while i was sending a PM to cyb3rs4k1.
    I was staring myself blind at the start of the sentence and i was complicating things.
    So tip is, like others mentioned that you don't need any tools for this challenge, notepad is good enough.
    I will go and play some scramble now ;)

• Haha. Good to know. It's just word scramble.

• Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I've got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than "use a pen" and "its in the file name" ..? Much appreciated!

• edited March 2018

@Stux23 said:
    Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I've got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than "use a pen" and "its in the file name" ..? Much appreciated!

Simple is better.

I think the reason the hints are like that, is because any extra bit of info might already be a spoiler. Keep it simple, focus on what info you already have (filename), and you'll see that you can do it.

• @Stux23 said:
    Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I've got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than "use a pen" and "its in the file name" ..? Much appreciated!

https://www.dcode.fr

As BROX said above, this site should help you. Look into common ciphers that you can use with what you have and you should solve it easily.

Hack The Box

• Thanks everyone! Got it! Had to space out to gain focus :)

• props to @cyb3rs4k1 for the insight!

• Hi, i tried every combination still i couldn't solve it. Please someone help me. This challenge makes me really angry. :angry:

• don't overthink, you don't need a tool or a script to solve this challenge
    a paper and a pen is enougth ;-)

Sign In to comment.