Emdee five for life

24

Comments

  • edited May 2019

    @visioncast:
    Are you sure, that you are sending the correkt cookie?
    think about, how the server checks whether a request was too slow or fast enough.

    hope this helps

  • Easy challenge. I just used three modules.

    • hashlib
    • requests
    • bs4

    Also, dont forget to eat some biscuits !

    Hack The Box

  • Fun challenge, solved with python script. Feel free to PM me for tips.

  • Was a nice challenge. Was getting 'Too Slow' but figured it out after some time and Google Searching. PM if help is needed!

    Silv3rDawg23

  • Fun little challenge :)

    Hack The Box

  • Just solved this one by writing just my 2nd Python script ever. The most important thing was to keep track of my biscuits as others have said, the rest was easy but I got stuck on that for a while until found a good answer on Google. Bit of a learning curve for me as a Python noob.

    Hit me up if you need a tip.

  • Anyone have a 'time' output for how fast we need to be, I have my script down to "real 0m0.189s" at the worst. Still getting 'Too Slow'.. I have remembered to bring biscuts and hash correctly.

    crysal

  • I think I came pretty far, but I'm still getting "too slow". I'm guessing it has to do with the time but I can't figure out how to use that in my script exactly.

    If anyone is willing to give me some nudge or information, that would be greatly appreciated.

    Vex20k

  • Your script is plenty fast enough, don't worry about the time. Instead, double check what you've done so far and analyze the HTTP GET, POST, and responses you are getting using Wireshark or something and look closely for any issues.

  • Owned, if you're having trouble make sure your soup has the right ingredients.

    mogyub

  • This chall almost made me rewrite my code in Go to gain more speed :joy:

    e-nigmaNL

  • Just be sure to be faster than 375000 microseconds :lol:

    e-nigmaNL

  • got it! trust me: you're doing it right, mostly. PM me if you have an issue.

  • Got the flag ... great web challenge. Ended up using Python to solve it (similar to the hints already discussed). PM if you need any help.

  • Nice challenge! Once understood what needs to be done, it's 4 lines bash script with sed, md5sum and curl. Could be reduced to a one-liner.

    k4wld

  • It's even do-able using JavaScript and the browser console, copy-paste fast enough and done

  • @enigmaNL said:
    Just be sure to be faster than 375000 microseconds :lol:

    This might be impossible from some regions :( It takes 299ms just to get the response all the way down under.

  • You should try an online python compiler like this one:

    http://www.onlinegdb.com/online_python_compiler

    I owned the challenge using it. It has the requests, hashlib and bs4 modules pre installed.
  • > @J4C0814N said:
    > @enigmaNL said:
    > Just be sure to be faster than 375000 microseconds :lol:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This might be impossible from some regions :( It takes 299ms just to get the response all the way down under.

    You should try an online python compiler like this one:

    http://www.onlinegdb.com/online_python_compiler

    I owned the challenge using it. It has the requests, hashlib and bs4 modules pre installed.
  • Hello. I was wondering if someone who completed the challenge could look over my code, because i am not sure what part i am missing.

  • Hi there,

    The script I have compiled it functional and completes within
    0:00:00.098590
    [Finished in 0.7s]

    However I am still getting TOO SLOW!!!

    Could anyone please assist with this.
    If you message or reply I can show/describe the script I have compiled in Pyhton

    Hack The Box

  • Type your comment> @syicoma said:

    Hi there,

    The script I have compiled it functional and completes within
    0:00:00.098590
    [Finished in 0.7s]

    However I am still getting TOO SLOW!!!

    Could anyone please assist with this.
    If you message or reply I can show/describe the script I have compiled in Pyhton

    Try the speed of light function

    cyberus17l

  • [email protected]:~/Desktop$ time python3.5 htb.py
    Too slow!

    real 0m0.288s
    user 0m0.196s
    sys 0m0.024s

    Could you please explain further. I am new to python so...

    I have place the script within a function which seems to help a bit with speed but still nowhere near getting a huge difference in the run time .

    @cyberus said:
    Type your comment> @syicoma said:

    Hi there,

    The script I have compiled it functional and completes within
    0:00:00.098590
    [Finished in 0.7s]

    However I am still getting TOO SLOW!!!

    Could anyone please assist with this.
    If you message or reply I can show/describe the script I have compiled in Pyhton

    Try the speed of light function

    Hack The Box

  • @cyberus

    Finally got it. :) took so revising on my scripting but got it :)

    Hack The Box

  • Did this yesterday via PowerShell (mostly because my Python just isn't there yet and I had limited time before I left work).
    Thankyou @L4mpje That was fun!

  • Type your comment> @h3iron said:

    You can use your shell knowledge too. I created a one-liner and it was fast enough.

    That sounds cool!

    As others have said, python, easy challenge.

  • Type your comment> @m4nu said:

    @H0plite don't miss

    nice hint :)

  • Internet speed matters...
    I had to run my Python script several times because it said too slow the previous times.

  • There is no need for something more than your browser... you can always run js on web console which means no need for cookie fights

  • I'm by no means a python expert (more like a noob to it), but it took me some 10 mins to get it done.

    Just 2 libs (hashlib and requests).

    Good fun optimizing the code for speed... good old days :)

    Feel free to PM me for a nudge.

Sign In to comment.