Ellingson

Starting the discussion. :)

Comments

• just a question why are we constantly starting a discussion about a box that is 23 hours from release just curious

• edited May 22

rooted .....
    nice one

• i just wanna get me one of them gibsons man

fhlipZero

• hmmm... found a traceback

• yeah but what now? I don't seem to do much with it for now

sarange

• Hm.. it seems some crashes?

• and the user flags start getting capped, im late, im late, im late im late im late!

• haha I am too late, good job everyone! :smile:

sarange

• Wow, 8 people have owned user already. Wtf am I missing?

• edited May 18

Nevermind

sarange

• edited May 18

• Any nudge towards a.. direction.. I've enumeratred everything i can unless I'm just completely overlooking something.

• edited May 18

I'm curious, is the box broken by default or someone does it? It's impossible to even work in ssh and not lost my shell.

• Any hint to get started on this box?

• Type your comment> @Hobbot said:

Any hint to get started on this box?

Enumerate the website. That's everything you need to get started.

• @ambi said:
    I'm curious, is the box broken by default or someone does it? It's impossible to even work in ssh and not lost my shell.

If there's someone who can't get the shell to work for even 3 minutes, reply to me. I need to know this isn't a problem of my side.

• ambi can I pm you right quick?

• Type your comment> @Negative said:

ambi can I pm you right quick?

If you still need

• edited May 18

this is the coolest challenge i have done ever

Not only do I love the hackers movie from my younger days but what the hell that bug is so off the wall i got lucky as hell patreon hats off to you boys ;) for teaching people like me how to find things to fill my flask with and drink with pure joy

• edited May 18

as with everything poc||gtfo

print(rex)
    function lambda at 0x7f8eaf155378

sorry had to strip the things out filters ;(

• edited May 19

EDIT: got it.

Is the gar**** executable the path to root? Should I debbug it?

• Knowing a little python helps enumerate the os from inside the web app.

• edited May 19

After leveraging the trackback to get in, trying to enum. kinda stuck, Mr. Sunglasses doesn't have much he can do. Nudge please? Also anyone notice constant hangs in their ***ll?

• Type your comment> @Negative said:

After leveraging the trackback to get in, trying to enum. kinda stuck, Mr. Sunglasses doesn't have much he can do. Nudge please? Also anyone notice constant hangs in their ***ll?

Why your ***ll hangs is told on article number 2

• Hey,
    I have question about crack something ^^ can some one PM me ?

• Omg. Why wasn't this box made sooner? HA! Lol. Perhaps I shouldn't find this so amusing. But fhlipZero seems to be amused too. Hackthebox.eu The Planet!

• just owned it.
    Hint for user ~
    enumeration on web should give you quick shell and privesc for user is pretty easy after that.
    Hint for root ~
    Its something u would have notice before u got user and now you can exploit it.
    it would not be very hard if you are good with binary exploitation

R4J

• Well im being flooded on the dm's, please continue the discussion over here so that everyone can benifit.

R4J

• @R4J yes sorry fo the flood ...

My question is about crack something...

Sign In to comment.