Nudge For Da Vinci

I need a little nudge for the Da vinci challenge. cant say to much cause I dont want to spoil it but I think I got everything but cant open the end. Got Tom, Got Vid, Got Zip. Issue is I cant figure out what the vid has to do with the PW. Hope I didnt give to much away if I did admin delete.

Hack The Box

Comments

• It's stego, use the very-well-known-tool for stego challenges with some info you already got. More info would be a spoiler

Puerkito66

• I'm at the same spot you are/were Fif0. Did you manage to figure out what the vid has to do with the PW? Did I miss something in the ...Hanks.jpg that would help?

• Just don't overthink it and look what you information you have and how it can be used. Like a puzzle.

wirehack7

• I used a website called futureboys for the stage piece

• The vid is really getting me, already tried the ID, vid title etc. :|

Hack The Box

• Well I was finally able to figure out the PW. If others are having issues, you need to recompile your tool and make sure it supports the format of the file you are trying to crack. Now, it looks like a new puzzle piece...

• got the vid and the secret message, but don't know how to continue

LowkeyFlex

• how you got vid

• Once you understand where the video fits in, you pretty much got it already.

likwidsec

• @likwidsec said:
    Once you understand where the video fits in, you pretty much got it already.

Any advice on how to figure that out for those of us who don't understand where the video fits in? I'm clueless.

--Skunkfoot

• Try using the information you gain from the video with certain tools.

likwidsec

• @likwidsec said:
    Try using the information you gain from the video with certain tools.

What kind of information?

• For some reason I got everything except monalisa to work. Tried extracting with 3 dozen pws with no luck. nudge?

imag1ne

• @imag1ne said:
    For some reason I got everything except monalisa to work. Tried extracting with 3 dozen pws with no luck. nudge?

I have done with monalisa stuck in PLAN ~ Video thing.

• edited April 2018

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

• Pm me please I cannot seem to retrieve any message from tomhanks picture

• I'm stuck with Mona.jpg.. dont know what to do with it? can someone help me out?

Hack The Box

• You can DM ;-)

1nitiative

• Solved :+1:

Hack The Box

• So I finally managed to get to the very last bit of this challange and I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips for decrypting the last bit within the .txt file.

Wolf

• Nevermind I've cracked it.

• i dont understand small name mean for hanks.jpg
    hint please

• ___ Hanks. The "Small" name for the actor "Hanks". Look in the picture, you'll see the name. Then re-read the name of the file name, and wonder what can you do with it with common steg tools?

xakepnz

• i m with Mona.jpg, but stuck there, didnt work the small name of the actor, any hint ?

• @S4ck look the video ;-)

• edited March 2018

got it :D

• I'm also a little stuck on this one. I have managed to get the vid link and the plain text key from the .txt but am a little stuck with the next step. Have I got enough information out of the 'Plans.jpg' and 'Hanks.jpg'??

• @Hsnell64 I'll DM you

• I've got the final picture already and gotten the text from the picture as well. But I'm having some trouble trying to make sense of the last piece of text.

Any help please?

• @fuzzPi I'll DM you

Sign In to comment.