Timeout Problems

edited April 2019 in VPN Connection

Hi everbody,
lately I'm noticing some problems with the connection to the htb machines.
I noticed that some machines (netmon, access, curl) work perfect for me,
but with some machines i get problems.
On the help machine, i can load the page at port **00 perfectly, but the page at port *0 just wont load and the request times out afer a while.
I thought it was just this machine so i dig depper and found out, that it's not just one machine.
On Irked I can only load the text on port **, the image in the background only loads a tiny bit and the request won't finish.
I'm VIP running on a Offsec Kali Vbox ova image with firefox.
I tried private mode, chromium, regenerating the connecting pack and schwitching to free lab.
Nothing fixed the problem.
At speedtest i get my full bandwith inside the VM, so thats also not the problem.
Any ideas?
I really want to improve my skills, but this is holding me back.
Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

  • This is also a problem I'm facing.
    In machines, websites sometimes just won't load. Getting Timed out.
    For example, in Help & Tartarsauce.

    Resetting the machines, changing networks or regenerating keys won't fix the problem.

    Would greatly appreciate any help.

  • Got it fix today, finally.
    Try changing your ovpn connection from udp to tcp.
    Instructions are on your access page under "Alternate TCP Connection".
    Hope it fixes your problem.

  • I tried the instructions on the alternate tcp connections, didn't work for me. I'm still getting error messages on some web pages for tartar sauce that should be good to go

  • I am facing the same issue. Tried tcp, udp, still same issue.

  • edited April 2019

    I am premium user I have the same issues as well its way to slow.
    I also switched between the VIP servers but still slow unfortunately.

    any solution yet?

  • Facing the same issue on Legacy box.

  • edited January 11

    same issue on Optimum

    i Fix mine too by Change everything

    Change proto udp to proto tcp
    Change remote {serverAddressHere} 1337 to remote {serverAddressHere} 443
    Change <tls-auth> to <tls-crypt>
    Change </tls-auth> to </tls-crypt>
    
  • edited January 17

    I made the changes by @G2Max above and things are more stable so far...

    @G2Max said:
    same issue on Optimum

    i Fix mine too by Change everything

    Change proto udp to proto tcp
    Change remote {serverAddressHere} 1337 to remote {serverAddressHere} 443
    Change <tls-auth> to <tls-crypt>
    Change </tls-auth> to </tls-crypt>
    
Sign In to comment.