Requesting assistance connecting

Hello, I have recently signed up for HTB and I am going through with my vpn connection process. I have downloaded my connection packet and attempted to run the "openvpn quantumL.ovpn" line and keep being told there was a fatal errot and no connection was made. Specifically the last three lines say:
"Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 ROUTE6: default_gateway=UNDEF
Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)
Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 Exiting due to fatal error"

I have ovpn downloaded and have attempted to reset my connection packet but it returned me with the same error message.

Tagged:

Comments

• Type your comment> @quantumL said:

Hello, I have recently signed up for HTB and I am going through with my vpn connection process. I have downloaded my connection packet and attempted to run the "openvpn quantumL.ovpn" line and keep being told there was a fatal error and no connection was made. Specifically the last three lines say:
    "Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 ROUTE6: default_gateway=UNDEF
    Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 ERROR: Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)
    Mon Mar 18 14:51:06 2019 Exiting due to fatal error"

I have ovpn downloaded and have attempted to reset my connection packet but it returned me with the same error message.

edit: error not errot

• are you running it as root?

• Type your comment> @sysDom said:

are you running it as root?

openvpn runs as root automatically on linux

Sign In to comment.