OSCP Exam review "2019" + Notes & Gift inside!

124»

Comments

• Good and well structured review. It gave me confidence that once I'll get good at HTB I should feel prepared for taking OSCP.

I have a question about the course I haven't seen anywhere: are scripting and programming included in the course, considering you will need to modify existing exploits?

Also, the nmapAutomator is pure gold for a beginner like me, I really appreciate you creating it and releasing it to the public.

Wish you all the best!

Paddon

• @Paddon said:
    Good and well structured review. It gave me confidence that once I'll get good at HTB I should feel prepared for taking OSCP.

I have a question about the course I haven't seen anywhere: are scripting and programming included in the course, considering you will need to modify existing exploits?

Also, the nmapAutomator is pure gold for a beginner like me, I really appreciate you creating it and releasing it to the public.

Wish you all the best!

Thank you, and I'm glad you found nmapAutomator useful.
    The course covers basic Bash scripting, and I think the 2020 update now includes some more scripting sections.

• Congrats for your OSCP, great review and tips. and Many many thanks for your awesome tool "nmapAutomator"

• Type your comment> @Paddon said:

II would say the more bash and basic programming skills you have the better. Without an idea of how to navigate around a script or modify an exploit, you'll find it tougher going than someone that knew that already. You can find enough on the job, but you'll eat into some lab time doing so.

corpnobbs
    OSCP | OSWP | so much more to learn ...

• To answer the specific question, no, there is no instruction on programming. There are some bash command tricks that come in useful, but mainly how to chain together useful nix commands.

corpnobbs
    OSCP | OSWP | so much more to learn ...

• edited June 13
    @21y4d just want to add my thanks for the nmapAutomator tool. It was a huge time saver.
  • @scoobay said:
    @21y4d just want to add my thanks for the nmapAutomator tool. It was a huge time saver.

I'm glad you found it helpful :)

• Hi, 21y4d,
    Thanks for your amazing review and the tools! One quick question, I found there's no need to consider bypass antivirus or windows defender in most HTB machines, is that the case in OSCP exam?
    Cheers,

• Thanks mate, gave me some hope.

Hack The Box

• I use nmapAutomator all the time! Tnx for creating this! +1 Respect!

• > @jimmyzhang said:
    > Hi, 21y4d,
    > Thanks for your amazing review and the tools! One quick question, I found there's no need to consider bypass antivirus or windows defender in most HTB machines, is that the case in OSCP exam?
    > Cheers,

No as far as I know that's not required in OSCP, unless it has changed recently.
Sign In to comment.