Vault

1235713

Comments

  • @securityNinja said:
    how do you move from D** to Vault?

    +1

  • Enumerate the box more. Try to read files that you wouldn't normally have access to (since you're root on this box). Notice any weird user-created commands hidden away that aren't standard? What do they do? How could you use that to your advantage?

    --Skunkfoot

  • Just rooted..

    Very nice machine, one of my favorites :)

  • edited November 2018

    This machine was fun :) :+1:
    Rooted

    The only thing is, it is currently slow even in VIP. Sometimes you really need to reset it for something to work. Once you do, it will take about 10 minutes for everything to go back to normal so don't re-reset if you didn't see what you were looking for before the 1st reset

    Hack The Box

    OSCE | OSCP | CRTE | GPEN | eCPTX | CREST CRT | GDAT | eCPPTv2 | GWAPT | OSWP | ECSA (Practical)

  • Has anyone obtained a root shell on the actual host? If so i would be glad about a PM.

  • @prokaryont said:
    Has anyone obtained a root shell on the actual host? If so i would be glad about a PM.

    I would like a hint too plz.

  • Just want to make a comment after all those other comments about help. So it's not unreasonable to ask for help. by definition if you are on forum you are after help. Let's all agree any help is a spoiler for some. We all get fed up with PPL not bothering or being lazy but as a community we need to remember people are learning and come for help. I would consider myself experienced but jeez need help a lot, let's all agree we should be helping each other without giveaways. this box is a good example! I have seen posts (since removed) that have help and have seen criticism of that person. Sorry forgot my rant a little. Basically forums should be used for help, clues should be used. If you don't want spoilers don't visit forum!

    adyd

  • If anyone needs help I am here. but you'll get no easy passes!.

    adyd

  • must add thanks to 2 PPL who helped, wont mention. one with technical the other telling me I was useless at something!!!

    adyd

  • edited November 2018

    Spoiler Removed - egre55

  • edited November 2018

    @CesarSilence said:

    @securityNinja said:
    how do you move from D** to Vault?

    +1

    There mayby something blocking you.

  • edited November 2018

    Spoiler Removed - egre55

    nullorzero

    Would love to help you!
    Answering faster on discord: nullorzero#6975

  • edited November 2018

    I am stuck on getting into firewall . Could someone plz PM me
    Edit: Got root.. No need to get inside firewall

  • @adyd said:
    If you don't want spoilers don't visit forum!

    That seems to be the best comment on the topic. I often wonder why people turn up, post "I got root" and then nothing else.

    Note: I am not going to be available much in September.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

  • edited November 2018

    Soooo... I got root.txt, but I'm not sure if I moved from D** to V**** the intended way. If someone could PM me and compare notes, I'd really appreciate it.

  • @nullorzero said:
    I could need a hint for the gpg file.
    i am stuck - pm me pls :)

    ditto

  • If you are stuck because you don't know what to do with the g** file ( @cdf123 @nullorzero )

    What would you 'normally' do with that kind of file? What do you need to be able to do that? Do you see these 'things' probably somewhere in this environment?

  • Does someone has a good guide on pivoting, especially bypassing firewalls?

    OSCP | OSWE | CRTP


    0x23b

  • edited November 2018

    @0x23B said:
    Does someone has a good guide on pivoting, especially bypassing firewalls?

    look at the poison walkthrough by IPPSEC. he does a pretty good job of explaining it, though to be fair it took me awhile to get it to work myself.

    Opaque

  • @0x23B said:
    Does someone has a good guide on pivoting, especially bypassing firewalls?

    Are you talking about getting from D** to V****? If so, there is a method to do so in a certain log file.

  • Re pivoting and tunnelling I'd also recommend ippsec's video on the Ariekei machine!

  • @rikter said:

    @0x23B said:
    Does someone has a good guide on pivoting, especially bypassing firewalls?

    Are you talking about getting from D** to V****? If so, there is a method to do so in a certain log file.

    That was exactly the info I needed! Thank you!

    OSCP | OSWE | CRTP


    0x23b

  • > @adyd said:
    > Just want to make a comment after all those other comments about help. So it's not unreasonable to ask for help. by definition if you are on forum you are after help. Let's all agree any help is a spoiler for some. We all get fed up with PPL not bothering or being lazy but as a community we need to remember people are learning and come for help. I would consider myself experienced but jeez need help a lot, let's all agree we should be helping each other without giveaways. this box is a good example! I have seen posts (since removed) that have help and have seen criticism of that person. Sorry forgot my rant a little. Basically forums should be used for help, clues should be used. If you don't want spoilers don't visit forum!

    Awesome

    banteng999

  • @banteng999 said:
    > @adyd said:
    > Just want to make a comment after all those other comments about help. So it's not unreasonable to ask for help. by definition if you are on forum you are after help. Let's all agree any help is a spoiler for some. We all get fed up with PPL not bothering or being lazy but as a community we need to remember people are learning and come for help. I would consider myself experienced but jeez need help a lot, let's all agree we should be helping each other without giveaways. this box is a good example! I have seen posts (since removed) that have help and have seen criticism of that person. Sorry forgot my rant a little. Basically forums should be used for help, clues should be used. If you don't want spoilers don't visit forum!

    Awesome

    I don't mind giving clues and subtle hints along the way. We're all here to learn, and I don't have a problem giving hints.

    Even if you give out complete steps to compromise boxes along with how certain things work, hopefully, it makes people think. How did this work? Oh, ok. Wow. I learned something.

    We are here to share, in my opinion.

  • Nice spoken. I am a rooky and this is my 6th box. I am glad if I ask for a hint and get help. But I ask only after hours/days without success and I explain what I did till this point. Till now the people here gave me good hints like "watch the video xyz or research xyz. I dont want the solution, only a kick in the right direction. For the spoiler we can use PM.
    Happy hunting

    SekIsBack

  • edited November 2018

    @r3no said:
    This machine was fun :) :+1:
    Rooted

    The only thing is, it is currently slow even in VIP. Sometimes you really need to reset it for something to work. Once you do, it will take about 10 minutes for everything to go back to normal so don't re-reset if you didn't see what you were looking for before the 1st reset

    I agree, even on VIP this box is under resourced, takes a good 10 mins from a reset for everything to come back up in order to pivot.

    What a box though. It felt like it would never end, but I learned so much from it.

  • edited November 2018

    I checked a certain log file multiple times. I see a port open on the vault with a specific command in the scan, I've seen the command n****t with parameters --s*-e**c , but it keeps hanging then on the box. I'm stuck at this point. Someone would like to help me a bit? I don't want solutions, I would like directions, so I can learn and understand the method :)

    Hack The Box

  • i found directory to upload image file which contain reverse shell, but it didint work, please give me hint

    banteng999

  • @banteng999 said:
    i found directory to upload image file which contain reverse shell, but it didint work, please give me hint

    Read previous posts, there are already hints for this part.

  • Nice one, got root. This one is a goldielocks box, not too easy, not too hard, just a nice bit of evening fun.

Sign In to comment.