Vault

It's never too early to start discussing a new box!
Still enumerating, only found one 403 page :)

Comments

• same here :) but keep it up! Nmap is ready soon

• I keep trying enumerating with gobuster
    But I get a lot of timeout errors
    many people are trying :(

• The box is really slow!

PsyXsouL

• Reset incoming. Its epic slow

• It's okay-ish on EU Free 1 for me :) Meantime I found a file in one of the directories that gives a 200 :)

• @janewilde did you use a short, medium o large dict?

n3v1l

• Stuck in the vault ....

• found login page. but tried with s*l. doesn't work.. any hint?

• still on enumeration
    it is slow af

• the box seems so fragile.
    from nmap to directory enumeration i have different results on every scan i run

• edited November 2018

WTF how do you find out these things? I tried gobuster with medium directory but nothing yet...

Hack The Box

• @NicoF2000 said:
    WTF how do you find out these things? I tried gobuster with medium directory but nothing yet...

Gobuster can't find everything.

• did you run nmap on ALL ports???

n3v1l

• Hmm, I'm logged in to the server but can't find user.txt...

• @s1gh any hints how did you got shell without any spoiler?

n3v1l

• Is there any reason why gobuster wont find any pages?

• @barango said:
    Is there any reason why gobuster wont find any pages?

Yes there is

• i got ssh session trying lateral movement

• @gudj4qu3r said:
    @s1gh any hints how did you got shell without any spoiler?

Kinda hard giving a hint without spoiling. But continue enumerating.
    You should be able to find an interesting page.

• gobuster works just fine, you just have to search for the right thing.

--Skunkfoot

• Guys, after this machine is reset, please give it about 10-15 minutes for it to come back and be ready for your torture. Anything you do before that will be pointless and will just delay the boot time further.

• where are you guys getting your dict files from? I have used the /usr/share/wordlists/dirb/common.txt and /usr/share/wordlists/metasploit/namelist.txt with gobuster and only found a few things. is there a better dict that i can use?

(sorry this is such a noob question, Im pretty new to this. i even had to look up gobuster because i hadnt heard of it before lol)

Opaque

• @Opaque said:
    where are you guys getting your dict files from? I have used the /usr/share/wordlists/dirb/common.txt and /usr/share/wordlists/metasploit/namelist.txt with gobuster and only found a few things. is there a better dict that i can use?

(sorry this is such a noob question, Im pretty new to this. i even had to look up gobuster because i hadnt heard of it before lol)

You can try "directory-list-2.3-medium.txt".

• @Opaque said:
    where are you guys getting your dict files from? I have used the /usr/share/wordlists/dirb/common.txt and /usr/share/wordlists/metasploit/namelist.txt with gobuster and only found a few things. is there a better dict that i can use?

You can get more here
    https://github.com/danielmiessler/SecLists

I think you can install all that with "apt install seclists" as well if you don't want to clone it from git

Rantrel
    ~|OSCP|~

• @s1gh said:

@Opaque said:

@Rantrel said:

@Opaque said:

You can get more here
    https://github.com/danielmiessler/SecLists

I think you can install all that with "apt install seclists" as well if you don't want to clone it from git

Thank you both, i will look into this.

Opaque

• I don't even see a user.txt so I assume I have to get from where I am to somewhere else before I can even get user? Is that right?

--Skunkfoot

• @s1gh said:

@Opaque said:

is it worked for you?

banteng999

• when it comes to stock lists, common.txt should be all you need.

• Is the login page a rabbit hole? and should I be brute forcing it?

• @codo said:
    Is the login page a rabbit hole? and should I be brute forcing it?

Maybe and no. Continue your enumeration.

--Skunkfoot

Sign In to comment.