[Forensics] Marshal in the Middle

Hey guys, i’ve been working on Marshal in the Middle and have seen the dump showing what data was taken and I was assuming the flag would have been in there, but doesn’t seem to work. Hoping someone can throw me a hint, not an answer

Nvm ignore this, this never happened.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

I think u should edit your spoiler.
and yes.

For some reason it seems I can not edit my post… Thanks for confirming the direction I took though :slight_smile:

@dotan3 said:
I started working on this challenge but feel really dumb. Here is what I found so far:

*** PROBABLE SPOILER ***

You are in the right direction. Think of what you are looking for, how it will look like and what makes it important, you’ll catch it. keep going.

NM. I got it. Thanks. I guess I was just looking a little too hard. :-/

That’s where I’m stuck. I can see the actual exfiltration occur, but not seeing the flag…

Me too. Can someone PM?

animal1111, PM’d you. d3c3pt10n. just like when you’re lost in the woods: find a stream and follow it.

the flag is in plain sight but you do have to dig into the data. As I mentioned to anima1111 - this was my first puz so I had no idea what to look for. It really is obvious when you see it.

Happy Hunting

Thanks for the hint grauwulf. Unfortunately, I have followed the stream and saw what took place, but I have been unsuccessful in the flag input part.

@anima1111 said:
Thanks for the hint grauwulf. Unfortunately, I have followed the stream and saw what took place, but I have been unsuccessful in the flag input part.

Perhaps you are using the wrong ‘spectacles’ to look at the encrypted data.

Need some nudge all above already tried …

you already got what you need @imrnrza
there’s a big spoiler on above comment (which is quoted by @briyani)
while there’s a google on how you can solve this challenge.

The impact of the work done by Diffie-Hellman is absolutely Not Ephemeral :wink:

I’m struggling with this one too. Pretty sure I found the exfiltrated data but not able to locate the flag. Can someone help me out? PM to avoid spoilers.

Will this challenge end in a standard flag? I believe I know what is ex filled wondering if we need to crack any of the data. Trying not to give away any spoilers. I have a stream the stream shows some commands gathering some sensitive data and sending it off. i dont have a forensics background, just taking a shot from the knowledge i have and some classes I have taken.

@genxweb you have a lead, just follow it. You have everything you need already.

I think I also solved it. I could decrypt the messages from the attacker and read the sensible data, but I cannot find the correct flag. Can someone help me to find the exact flag.