[Misc] 0ld is g0ld

Hi everyone!

I’m currently doing the challenge “0ld is g0ld” for several days and I have troubles… I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do. The description of this challenge says “Old algorithms are not a waste, but are really precious…”. However, I found that the password’s encryption was done with AES128-CBC.

Do I have to crack this AES encryption?

Hi Pantharax… Its a PDF v1.6. → When you try to open the PDF, you get a password prompt, you must try to crack the password somehow to see the contents of the file for the next step … :slight_smile:

I struggled on this one for ages. Changing the tool and wordlist I was using made the difference.

Thank you for your answers ! :slight_smile:

The idea is to brute-force the password or to find a vuln on PDF 1.6?

Whichever takes you the less time :slight_smile: Dont forget you do have a good dictionary with Kali !

Look up on the various password cracking tools on Kali. :slight_smile:

Thank you, I’ll try some tools !

So, I cracked the password and found the name of the person for the next step and tried uploading that for the flag in various forms but didn’t work. Is there something else I’m missing?

Look closer at the PDF

Del.

I’m stuck on the next step… i’ve translated the information on the PDF after cracked it and I don’t know what to do with the information.

flag format…HTB{XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}

@movl Translate to what?

@Reyab said:
@movl Translate to what?

from a language to an other

@deltaclock said:
flag format…HTB{XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}

lower or upper? I have the same issue, even with the correct translated sentence (I hope so) it doen’t work…

wrap the text u got in the HTB format, exactly as u got it

got it thanks

@deltaclock said:
wrap the text u got in the HTB format, exactly as u got it

Tried to submit the text I have in the HTB format and it doesn’t work. Am I missing something?

HTB{decoded_text_as_u_got_it} is the way…If it doesn’t work means u did something wrong… :wink:

@deltaclock said:
HTB{decoded_text_as_u_got_it} is the way…If it doesn’t work means u did something wrong… :wink:

Finally made it work. Thanks :wink: