Carrier

User wasn't that difficult, same with initial shell. Looking for root now...

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 22

I just started poking at it, so I'm still enumerating and working on user. Is the serial number thing a dead end? Edit: It is not a dead end. Just had to enumerate more.

• Still no root - given how quickly people have been dropping user, the escalation must be a nightmare.

• can confirm, is a headache. the environment is obvious and pretty cool, but personally I do not know anything when it comes to stuff like this. I think the same goes for a lot of people on HtB, hence the lack of root.

• @opt1kz said:
    I just started poking at it, so I'm still enumerating and working on user. Is the serial number thing a dead end? Edit: It is not a dead end. Just had to enumerate more.

Thank you for this. I have been scratching my head for too many minutes.

• @stonepresto said:
    can confirm, is a headache. the environment is obvious and pretty cool, but personally I do not know anything when it comes to stuff like this. I think the same goes for a lot of people on HtB, hence the lack of root.

Pretty much this. After getting user and poking around/enumerating a bit, I have no idea where to even start. So many things to investigate and so many things that are probably rabbit holes...

• edited September 23

@opt1kz said:

Stuck at this point.

Edit: Got it

MrR3boot

• Remember that snowscan is a troll, many dead ends after user.txt

• edited September 23

@opt1kz said:

still at this point

EDIT: Got it :)

• struggling to even get user. any help would be appreciated :) thanks

• @taytay said:
    struggling to even get user. any help would be appreciated :) thanks

did you find the doc? it seems we need to get default user/pwd from the chasiss but enumerating with common tools and wordlists didn't work out for me

Hack The Box

• @0xlc said:

@taytay said:

did you find the doc? it seems we need to get default user/pwd from the chasiss but enumerating with common tools and wordlists didn't work out for me

I have found a few documents yes, still not able to find any chassis that it refers to. i'll pm you.

• @taytay said:

@0xlc said:

@taytay said:

I have found a few documents yes, still not able to find any chassis that it refers to. i'll pm you.

same boat

• @ryz0rg said:

@taytay said:

@0xlc said:

@taytay said:

same boat

join the club lol

• Documents is the key for getting user. Back to basics. Start from port scan again but not only tcp.

• @beginner2010 said:
    Documents is the key for getting user. Back to basics. Start from port scan again but not only tcp.

ye just found it thanks

Hack The Box

• For anyone stuck on the initial foothold - remember that TCP isn't the only way to transmit data

For anyone stuck on the Priv Esc - i'm in the same boat as you....

• I have no idea where to go after getting access to the admin console

• i got rce but no shell yet, i can just ping myself from the box haha

Hack The Box

• Got user. Time for some root.

• getting user is not difficult.
    still no clue about privesc!

• edited September 23

Anyone else have/had trouble to get s******k working? Gives "Timeout: No response", command syntax should be correct.

• @jreeves said:
    I have no idea where to go after getting access to the admin console

Same. Frustrating. People are saying it is easy though. Think brain, think!

• Weird. Because I am already root but i just can find user flag. PS.: I didnt privesc I am already root

alacerda

• edited September 24

I like these themed/realistic challenges. Yey :+1:

Hack The Box

• @alacerda said:
    Weird. Because I am already root but i just can find user flag. PS.: I didnt privesc I am already root

Probably because there are multiple challenges after that shell ?

• I have RCE

• Privesc was a pain in the ass. Here's a hint: on the web page pay attention at what you read even if it looks funny or silly at the first sight, maybe because it could be something useful later on ;)

• I seem to be stuck on this already.. I only have the following.

• Found the docs
    • Found 2 other ports

Vex20k

• edited September 24
    *Spoiler Removed - Arrexel*
  • edited September 24

@sakyb said:
    Anyone one help me in user..
    I found doc folder and also got 161.. what to do after???

enumerate port 161 Spoiler Removed - Arrexel